fish boy

requested by KitKatKittyKat8

phil finds wilbur for the first time

+×+×+×+×+×

third pov

it was the beginning of summer, and phil had decided he wanted to go collect seashells at the beach. he didnt want to go when it would be crowded, though, so he decided hed leave at 8 pm. he was wearing a black short sleeved shirt, pink cargo shorts and green flip flops. he wasnt going to wear his hat because there was no reason to. he left his home and made sure the door was locked, and walked to his car. he yawned as he got in, and started it.

when he arrived, he was happy to see no cars parked. he got out and walked down the sandy hill. he reached the area where the sand meets the water and took his flip flops off, sitting down. as he collected small seashells that he thought were pretty, he heard water ripple, so he looked up as he rinsed the sandy shells off. he looked around and shrugged, going back to looking and collecting pretty seashells.

he put them in his pockets and stood, dusting sand off his pants, and slid his flip flops back on. as he turned around, he heard the same ripple once more. he quickly looked back, and again, saw nothing. "hello?" he called out, wings fluttering gently, slightly tense from being in the same position for a while. he squinted his eyes, straining them as he tried to see what was in the water. he blinked when he saw a figure of a little boy. he rubbed his eyes and shook his feathered wings. "is there someone in there?" he whispered. he slowly walked toward the water and took his flip flops back off, carefully placing them beside him.

he heard the water ripple again, but this time he saw it. and along with the ripple, he saw the boy again. he messed around with the sand before slowly inching closer to the water. after watching the water closely for at least twenty seconds, he decided to go in the water. he most likely wouldnt be able to see anything, he knew that for a fact. but, he could try and see what the boy was doing. he shifted his position and crawled into the water until it was up to his forearms. he sat up and dove into the water, making small waves ripple across the blue ocean. he looked around, seeing small wisps of light, and them repetitively darkening and illuminating again.
other than that, he saw nothing.

he blinked, then swam back up. when his head emerged from the dark open, he breathed out and back in deeply. as he was kicking to keep himself above water, he jolted when he felt something touch his legs. "okay, i officially hate this." he said, almost yelling. he dove back under and saw the same small boy dart into the dark. it looked like a normal boy, no abnormal fins or tails. just human. for the most part. he opened his mouth and let bubbles float up out of his mouth. he swam around for a little before going back up for air, and then immediately going back into the water. it had been at least three minutes until he saw the boy again. this time, the boy was slower, and made eye contact with phil.

he went up again and sighed. "kids." and sunk back down. when he opened his eyes underwater, he saw the boy swimming slowly towards him. phil smiled a little and waved. the boy backed away, and then swam closer to them, seeing he wasnt a threat. the boy watched phil swim up for air, curious. he wanted to try that. when he did, he yelped when he breathed in. he stayed above water but sunk doen where only his eyes and up were shown. phil chuckled and took note that the boy had fins for ears. and also that the boy was 100% a hybrid, as if it wasnt obvious before. "hey." phil tried, softly. he saw the boy tilt his head, and move back up once more. he breathed in again, and this time he was much less startled. "can you understand me?" the older asked. the fish boy nodded, and smiled.

phil smiled back and swam back to shore, waving the fish boy to come with. when phil sat back on the sand, he saw the aquatic hybrid slowly approaching the sand. he saw him touch it, and widen his eyes in adoration. phil grinned when the boy played with the sand. phil put his shoes on and laid on his back. "my names phil. whats yours?" phi asked, stretching. phil glanced to the other figure, and saw him sat beside him. "w-wilbur." he stuttered, obviously not spoken in a while. phil sat up and nodded. "thats a lovely name, wilbur." the said boy smiled.

it had reached around 9:30 when they both dried off, and phil asked a sensible question. "do you have a home to go to, wilbur?" the boy shook his head. "could i live with you, phil?" the older man pondered the question. his house was big enough, his job paid a whole lot, and it had been lonely living by himself. he looked at the younger and nodded. wilbur beamed and jumped up in excitement, but fell since he also hadnt walked in forever. phil chuckled and helped him stand carefully. when he was able to walk, they both walked back to phils car and drove home. when they got there, phil made a delicious meal and tucked wilbur in his own bed since he hadnt expected permanent company.