Chapter 22

(Hinata took a shower, yams showed up)

"We'll be out for a while, so I'll just text you when we're on our way back, bye!" Yamaguchi said while being dragged out by Hinata. Tsukishima waved them goodbye and shut the door. "Alright king, let's see what sad excuse of a surprise you came up with."

Kageyama muttered something under his breath then huffed "I was thinking of telling him on New Years and giving him the paper...but I don't know exactly what to do." Tsukishima walked over and sat somewhat next to Kageyama "So you need help with the finer details? I guess I've got a few things in mind."

Kageyama sat up a bit "Like what?" Tsukishima chuckled "Never though I'd see you so desperate...anyway, I was thinking you could take him somewhere nice and possibly make a romantic evening out of it." Kageyama sat there in thought, staring off "...Where is...somewhere nice..?"

Tsukishima sighed "You're hopeless. You know what, I've already got a plan thought out, including location. Want me to tell you and you can elaborate on details afterwards?" Kageyama hesitantly nodded. He wanted to be the one to think of a perfect way to give Hinata his gift, but tsukishima would likely give a way better plan.

"There's a mountain just outside of town. In fact, I took Hinata there on one of the first days he began living with me. There's a small, secluded area up there that would be perfect for you two. I can even set up some kind of picnic or something just before you two arrive." Tsukishima stated calmly. Kageyama had a sort of annoyed look but actually liked the idea "Can you get him there just before midnight, when it's officially the New Year. I just...thought it would be cute to tell him at midnight..with the fireworks and everything.." Tsukishima raised a brow "Well, looks like I won't be doing all the planning" he crossed his arms and sat back "I can do that, anything else? Any other ideas?"

Kageyama furrowed his brows, thinking "I need more time to think. I'm hungry, I can't think on an empty stomach." Tsukishima gave him an odd look "Didn't I just make you food? How are you hungry?" Kageyama snapped back "Not like you'd understand, but those of us that aren't built like a beanpole need more nutrients than two waffles."

"Tch. Grab something then, there should be food somewhere around the kitchen." Tsukishima spoke sharply. Kageyama glared at him as he walked away, talking total shit in his head.

•••

"So, where are we going!" Hinata asked as he walked along the street with Yamaguchi. "Wherever you want! I just thought it would be nice for you to get a break from Kageyama and tsukki. They aren't the brightest..." yams laughed. "They aren't too bad...usually. How about we practice!" Hinata suggested. Yamaguchi smiled. One of the only things on Hinata's mind was volleyball and that would never change. "Yeah, let's do that."

After about a 15 minute walk, Hinata and yamaguchi stood outside the gym door. "Anything in particular you want to work on? I can't help much with your spikes...but I'm sure there's something I can do..." Yamaguchi said. "Actually, I might sound a little crazy but...ever since spiking Kageyamas sets and seeing just how amazing it is...I've been interested in setting...it's just that we've already got two setters and I don't think I would be very good at it..." Hinata explained, entering the gym alongside his friend.

Yamaguchi gave a small laugh "I was a benchwarmer for full matches before I learned the jump float serve and it took me quite a while to get it just right. If anything, beginning to practice setting now, during your first year, would be really beneficial in the future...who knows? You might even be a better setter than Kageyama one day.." he gave Hinata a light nudge.

Hinata's face went red at the thought of being better than his boyfriend at his specialty.
"W-well, I don't think I would ever be better than him I...I just want to have more skills..."