Chapter 25

Hinata woke up to silent sounds from the tv, still in Kageyamas arms. He blinked a few times and let out a yawn before looking up and seeing a pleasant, smiling face. "Morning kags~ how long have you been awake?"

Kageyama stretched and stood as Hinata sat up "Not too long, only about ten or fifteen minutes. I figured I'd let you get as much sleep as possible."

Hinata flopped back and huffed "What should we do today? Have we ever even been on a real date?" he asked.

Kageyama stood up and walked over, staring down at his boyfriend. He was imagining the expression that would be on Hinata's face as he received the form saying he could practice with high level, talented players and teams. "I'd love to go on a date with you but sadly, my parents will be back in town soon so I've gotta run some errands. Groceries and house products, stuff like that." He leaned down and placed a kiss on Hinata's forehead.

Hinata groaned "Fineee, I guess I should probably go check on tsukishima and Yamaguchi, huh? I wonder how it went." he said with a suggestive tone. Kageyama eyed him before both boys began to laugh "We're only friends." Kageyama mocked while pretending to push up glasses. "I'm tsukishima and I'm incapable of human feelings, I only identify with salt" Hinata added in one of his classic impressions, only making both boys laugh harder.

After calming down, Hinata hopped up "I'll get ready then, just text me after your done with your errands and I can come over if you want!" Kageyama just smiled and placed a tender kiss on Hinata's forehead, causing him to blush "Of course, and text me when you get to tsukishimas, alright?" Hinata answered with a quick hug and ran off to the bathroom where he quickly showered, changed, brushed his teeth and got ready.

"Bye!" Hinata yelled as he closed the front door. He checked the time; 9:45 am. With that, he began walking down the street with a newfound confidence, both in himself and his partner. Everything would finally get better, he just needed to overcome the trauma of his father.

That thought still fresh in his mind, Hinata remembered his little sister and mother. For the most part, they remained safe and unharmed by their cruel father, it was only Hinata who had to bear the beatings. A low anxiety began to grow in him as he subconsciously began walking in the direction of his house.

His mother had shown her true self when trying to convince Hinata to come back, hinting that she only needed him there as a play piece for his father. The real reason he was suddenly burdened with the thought was his sister, Natsu. It was unimaginable that his father would stoop to hurting a young girl, his daughter at that, but he couldn't be sure.

Before he knew it, Hinata was walking down the familiar street he'd walked hundreds of times before. The times when he dreaded coming home and the times when he was excited to see his sister and see how her day was. It's only been over a month and the area almost had a nostalgic feel to it.

A minute or so later, he was met with the front of his home. He didn't dare walk up and knock, much less try to go in. If his father were there he would probably be put in a hospital.

After moments of contemplation, he decided to forget it, in fear of something bad happening. The house seemed peaceful so there couldn't be much wrong, right? The smell of alcohol hadn't been oozing out the front door. Maybe Hinata leaving was what it took for his father to get his shit together.

He half-smiled to himself at the thought of his family living happily, even his father, who he hated with every inch of his being. With those same happy thoughts in mind, Hinata pulled out his phone and clicked to call Kageyama. Just to hear his voice and tell him how much he loved him- again.

The sound of a car driving up behind him hadn't even registered until he heard the sound of a door sliding open. With a quick, confused gaze, terror struck through Hinata's heart and he swore it skipped a beat when he saw his father forcefully grabbing for him. He struggled though his grip but ultimately failed as he was slammed against the back seat, cracking his phone in the process. His father quickly shut the door and locked it, soon driving off afterwards.