Chapter Two.

[A/N: welcome to chapter two!]

Jamie was beyond irritated and Peggy was quietly fuming behind a passive façade, they thought maybe the first day would at least be okay, but no it wasn't. Their commanding officer, Captain Herbert Sobel made it...awful. The man evidently not only did just not want Peggy there but Jamie as well, though Jamie couldn't tell if it was because she was black and a woman like Winters had alluded to or just a woman. The majority of the men still stared at them curiously, especially Jamie, though thanks to Bull basically always being by her side and his size being intimidating, she hadn't faced anything yet. Though a positive was more of the men warmed up to them, Peggy had yelled at Joe Toye and told him she'd suggest him do two hundred push-ups to Sobel if he didn't show some respect and Jamie sassed out Will Guarnere this morning at breakfast and told him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. They could see Toye was slightly frightened of Peggy, but he wouldn't admit it, however, the two men warmed up to them and they had more people on their side. Though Jamie was still having difficulties with Liebgott who would just stare at her, it was the opposite for Peggy though.

Then there was George who, of course, would not stop talking, especially to Peggy. Jamie found it amusing that he blabbered off, mainly to Peggy. It reminded her of Jackson, but she could see flashes of annoyance pass Peggy's face at first before she grew used to it by the end of breakfast. However, Easy Company had, later on, found themselves lined up together. Jamie standing between Bull and a small dark-haired man named Frank Perconte, she heard, while Peggy was standing by Burton Christenson aka Pat, one of the other men who warmed up to them at breakfast. The group waiting on their CO to appear and do whatever he needed to do. "I've never been forced to wait on my commanding officer this long, this is ridiculous." Peggy huffed irritated, Jamie hearing a snorting quietly while Pat glanced at her.

"That's because you're a perfectionist, Peggy." Pat told her, the woman rolling her eyes at the man. It truly didn't take any of them long enough to see Peggy was a perfectionist and Jamie just didn't give a shit.

"I get the feeling Winters and Nixon don't like Sobel, but Winters is polite and Nixon has Winters to keep him under wraps," Jamie commented cheekily with a wide grin, some of the men snickering while Peggy shook her head amused. Jamie and Peggy looked in the corners of their eyes, seeing Sobel, Nixon, and Winters heading towards them, Nixon and Winters joining them in their line up.

"You people are at the position of attention!" Sobel yelled at them, everyone immediately straightening up while Peggy held back an irritated look and JJ bit her tongue to keep from saying anything. "I am your commanding officer. My name is Sobel. While you are here I will be training you. While I know that the company is named Easy, let it be known now that your time here is not. Is that clear?" He told them, no one responding to the man who seemed irritated at that. "I said, is that clear?"

"Yes, sir." Easy Company finally answered. Jamie looked straight ahead not wanting to risk Sobel's gaze on her but Peggy's eyes trailed the man closely. Winters and Nixon glanced back for a mere second a spotted the woman's actions, she was observing and judging their own CO. That was not surprising in the least. Peggy's jaw clenched while Jamie held back from glaring or even sticking her tongue out at the man as he walked by every man, criticizing everything little thing and revoking the weekend passes. This was quite literally the first day and the man was revoking passes for the smallest and most ridiculous things. This man was a perfectionist not in a good way and a narcissist.

Peggy was irritated and Jamie...well Jamie just wanted to sigh. She was prepared to be bullied and belittled by the man. Something surprisingly Liebgott could see in her posture and admitted only to himself felt bad about, this woman was going to be given hell from Sobel because of her gender and race. Then there was Peggy...well she'd deal with the gender part and Sobel would not like that she was a woman with a rank, that's for sure. George was nearby Peggy and glanced over at Jamie with a wince before sharing a quick look with Peggy, both feel nothing but sympathy for their new friend. Sobel's eye turned to Jamie who sucked in a deep breath as the man stepped up to her.