Chapter Eight.

"You are all such giant idiots." Jamie blurted out as she stood in front of the Sergeants in the barn where they often ate together when not at their station housing. Winters had been court-martialed, Peggy had been with Nixon and him when he received the court-martial and the woman was furious. They would no longer have the captain they need and should have and would be stuck with Sobel of all people still. However, word had passed not even a day later that all the Sergeants of Easy (minus Peggy who had been with Eugene and Jamie) had threatened to leave and that led them to be in front of Sink. They had been let down easy in Peggy's eyes because of this war and Jamie...Jamie just shook her head and knew Peggy was pissed. "I heard you were up to something, I didn't think you'd go through with it." She crossed her arms while Lipton and Bill sighed.

"Look, if you're gonna rant at us, do it now, okay, JJ." Bill sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, no, this weekends the dinner for us by the Mackenzie's and rounds in the hospital with Eugene and Spina is Friday." Jamie shook her head, her words make Lipton and Bill frown and exchange looks. "I'm trying to keep a level and calm head, however, someone else is gonna chew you out." She smirked when Peggy walked up behind them with a very angry look, before slamming her hands on the table which scared Sergeants.

"Your utterly idiotic morons! You could've been shot!" Peggy practically screamed at them, slapping both Bill and Talbert upside the head which made Jamie laugh. "Winters gets martialed and that was your half-assed plan?!" She yelled angrily, anyone other than the Sergeants all stopped and went silent, no longer eating or talking. All of them staring while Jamie glanced over to see Skip, Penkala, Malarkey, and George staring in fear and shock.

"Peggy, please if you'd-" Lipton began to protest but Peggy was already on a roll with her rant.

"Your balls might've dropped, but it seems your fucking common sense didn't!" Peggy shouted angrily, Lipton and Bill shared wide-eyed fearful looks. She had never gotten this mad at them and no one realized how scary she could be. "Sobel is going to be gone, I spoke with Colonel Sink, on your behalf before he called you in and afterwards. You are so fucking lucky, Winters isn't facing court-martial anymore but next time you pull a stunt like this you will not be so lucky!" She finished her rant, crossing her arms while staring down furiously at the men.

"Dinner for Easy at the Mackenzie's is still Saturday. Come on, Mags." Jamie grinned widely, grabbing Peggy's arm and walking off. Everyone was silent in the room, not a word spoken until Skip was the one to let out a breath.

"Damn, I did not realize she could be that scary." Skip muttered.

"I thought she was going strangle one of them," George admitted lowly to his friend, though some were amused by Jamie's almost cavalier attitude when she left with Peggy.

"JJ really didn't flinch...huh..." Malarkey trailed off while Joe snorted.

"That's cause Harriet ain't afraid of her."

"Well...I am." the voice Bill spoke up while Lipton cleared his throat and merely said nothing. However, a couple of days later, they learned that Sobel was gone and shipped out to a parachute training school in Chilton Foliat to teach and was replaced by a Lieutenant Meehan from Baker Company after Sink's second conversation with Peggy and the man catching on that something wasn't right. In the end, Peggy was right and Bill Guarnere had never feared for his life more than the raging British Sergeant who had screamed at him in front of everyone. If Peggy hadn't been so good at controlling her reactions of anger, he was sure that day Lipton and he wouldn't have had to worry about getting shot in retaliation for what they did, Peggy would've surely murdered them in their sleep.

-8-

"Why are we the only ones here beside you two?" George asked as he sat at the dining table of the Mackenzie's home, Skip and Malarkey sitting next to him while Jamie and Penkala sat on the living room couch nearby, petting on the Mackenzie's golden retriever dog, and Peggy leaning against the wall with a glass of whiskey in her hand, the woman every so often helping Mrs. Mackenzie when she needed it while Mr. Mackenzie and their son were upstairs finishing up their son's project for his school. According to Malarkey, Skip was the one who remembered the time the dinner or really party was Saturday, so when he left they went with him. "Are we early Skip? Did you get us here too early?" He looked at his friend, the others rolling their eyes.