Chapter Twenty-One.

[A/N: the companion the Pacific fic to Honor Thy Brother, Silence, has officially been published! You can find Kezia's story on my page.]

Jamie and Peggy hadn't said much to the others after encountering that woman and her baby on the road. They could tell that, those who knew them well enough and even those who might not, and they understood why they helped that woman. Bull, however, with his gentle self, moved closer to the two women, who were walking near the tank, to keep an eye on them, especially Jamie. Neither of them protested that he wanted to keep an eye on them, they both loved Bull dearly and their thoughts of the past 24 hours wouldn't change that, even if he was hovering over them. Their travels from Eidenhoven through Nuenen were short-lived and everything once again went to shit. "LIEUTENANT!" the sudden shout from Bull made their heads snap up alarmed. Jamie and Peggy had little time to react beyond that when a shot whizzed off and the lieutenant crumbled to the ground.

"Sniper!" someone hollered warningly.

"JAMIE, DOWN!" Peggy screamed as she shoved her friend to the ground. The two heard more shouts and looked to their left to see a German tank as the rest of the men cleared from the tank and rushed for the ditches on either side of the road.

"I have to get to get to the lieutenant!" Jamie yelled when she saw Bull running over to the wounded man. Peggy was hesitant but eventually gave her friend a firm nod. The brunette peered around for a moment and then gestured for Jamie to run for it. Jamie sprung to her feet and raced over to Bull and the injured man. She began pulling bandages and sulfa from her medical pack to help slow the bleeding until they could get him away to safety to properly treat him while Peggy crashed into the ditch to the left side of the road with others and began firing on the German soldiers. "I need Eugene or Spina or any other medic! I don't care!" She alerted Bull, flinching when she heard a booming explosion from the German tank when their tank hit it.

"Medic up front, medic up front!" Bull hollered urgently and seconds later another medic, Roe, sprinted for them as Bull brought himself to his feet and turned to the men in the ditch. "Keep moving! Get up!" He barked out orders to the men when Roe reached Jamie and began to remove his medic bag, he was shot in the leg a crumpled to the ground.

"Eugene!" Jamie's eyes went wide. Fuck, was the first word that crossed Jamie's mind. She could hear Bull shouting at the men and see them sprinting for a farmhouse in the corner of her eyes. Blood drenched Jamie's hands from the lieutenant while Roe clutched his leg in pain from the wound. "I need help! I need another medic!" She screamed at the others when Peggy suddenly appeared and looked at her.

"What do you need me to do until another medic arrives?" Peggy immediately asked her friend.

"No! Don't waste your time or anything on me, it's just a leg wound." Eugene protested and shook his head but both women ignored him.

"Check his leg for an exit wound, then sulfa and bandage, but Peggy I know Bull needs you at that farmhouse more than I do." Jamie calmly instructed her but pressed that Bull's need was more urgent. She needed another medic who had the right stuff.

"It's a through and through, there's an exit." Eugene informed them with a pained grimace on his face.

"I'm here to help," Peggy assures and Jamie moves to pass over some sulfa and bandages when the other medic finally arrives.

"Gunshot to the leg, Medic Roe informed us it is a through and through. Then a gunshot, bleeding heavily. I haven't been able to treat with sulfa or compression to slow bleeding." Jamie started to inform him as the other medic nodded along before she turned her gaze to Peggy. "Go! They need you! I'll join once they're stable." She exclaimed and Peggy sighed before nodding and racing off to help the others.