Chapter Fourteen.

[A/N: I'd like to thank phoebewatton on Wattpad for all the love and support for this fanfic! i really appreciate it and you guys should go check out her bob story: my sunshine girl on Wattpad!]

Jamie flipped through her little notebook of medic notes from Toccoa as she rested back against Skip's side. Peggy sat next to Malarkey and Alex, Blithe and More were also with the four resting outside, Jamie's gaze flickering over to Blithe every couple of minutes, the man in question was lying on the ground and resting after his stressful ordeal today. "Do you guys have any food? I'm starving, I've barely had time to eat." Jamie commented offhandedly.

"I think we all are, JJ." Peggy replied, Skip moving and putting his arm around his friend who was distracted by her notebook.

"Why do you still have that thing?" Skip asked with a small frown.

"Makes sure I keep my mind fresh of everything." Jamie shrugged, Skip moved to say more but Malarkey spoke up and interrupted his friend, looking at Jamie.

"I got some Kraut rations. Want any of them?" Malarkey offered Jamie who shook her head and turned her nose up at it, Peggy snickered quietly knowing the woman made a good choice. Even before the war, she wasn't fond of german cheese. "Suit yourself, guess these Kraut rations are all mine." He shrugged, Jamie and Peggy shared a glance at the mention of the derogatory name for the Germans. She didn't use it, Jamie didn't use it, just like they didn't call Japanese Japs. Peggy had been called the g-slur before as a Romani descended woman and well Jamie...she'd had plenty of things hurled at her.

"Okay, but back to what I was saying." More cut in, continuing the conversation that had ensued before Jamie and Peggy had found their way over to them. "We're gonna be in Berlin by Christmas." He swore, Peggy holding back a scoff while Jamie merely raised an eyebrow in doubt. Things were never that easy.

"Oh, god!" Skip suddenly cried out in disgust before anyone could reply to More. Peggy and Jamie looked at him confused before noticing the man was eating something. "This Kraut cheese tastes like...it stinks!" He exclaims disgusted, Jamie snorting while Peggy shook her head.

"You could've asked me and I could've told you it wasn't worth it." Peggy grinned bemusedly.

"The bread's stale too." Alex piped up.

"Gimme that." Skip demanded, snatching the bread from his friends. Peggy and Jamie exchanging a look and rolling their eyes. Peggy didn't like the food but it wasn't that bad.

"It's not that bad you two." Peggy scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Well, I'm not trying them to confirm that. Are you sure those rations aren't expired?" Jamie asked, raising an eyebrow. Alex and Skip paused and looked at each other, seeming to consider Jamie's point.

However, before either man could reply or saying anything to Jamie, the voice of Speirs spoke up. "Enjoy it while it lasts. We'll be moving out soon." He tells them firmly, the man hovering over them.

"Out of town already, Lieutenant? Already?" More inquires.

"I'm pretty sure he just said that," Peggy commented, More rolling his eyes at her.

"That's right." Speirs nodded, looking at each of them, his gaze lingering on his friend and Peggy a little longer (considering he was much more acquainted with the two women than the others). Peggy just shot the man a smirk, she knew they were going to head out soon, obviously. She and Nixon just about knew everything. Though Jamie refrained from scoffing when she felt the tension from the others, Speirs was not a terrible person, she'd know him for years and she believed the rumors to be rumors. The eyes of the others were glued on Speirs as he went down the steps that the group was sitting on.