Chapter Four.

Jamie had struggled a lot with the obstacle course's wall, she wasn't that tiny but she was shorter than everyone, including Peggy. She still didn't quite have the upper arm strength, but with tips from Peggy and even the encouraging words of Winters she eventually made it herself, she had refused to let any of the men or Peggy aid her up the wall. Jamie knew she had to prove herself without help. Again after the jump training and the obstacle course every day, it was the lectures with Sobel, she and Peggy both did well, but Jesus did Jamie find them so boring. It made her miss her medic classes a lot. Both women had gotten letters from their family, Jamie waited for the most for letters from her brother and Peggy from her sister. Their fathers would send separate letters from their mothers, Jamie's little brother always adding notes in her mother's letters. They both told their families about Easy Company and the men within it, both of their fathers made their dislike of Sobel within the letters well known, much to the amusement of all the others. However, their favorite letters were from their siblings at war as well, Jackson off in Italy somewhere and Marie in England waiting to be sent out for field hospitals. "Mail call!" Jamie heard a voice shout as she looked over her medic class notes.

"Jacobi and Valentine!" the man called out, Jamie and Peggy sitting up and leaning over.

"We're over here!" Peggy waved her hand, the young man's expression flashed with surprise at the sight of them, but it was commonly known about the two women in the airborne. He just didn't expect it to be them.

"Thank you." Jamie smiled and nodded to the man who passed the letters to them before walking away.

"And who is this from?" Joe suddenly snatched the letter from Jamie's hand while Peggy watched with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey! Give it back, Joe!" Jamie shouted, but the man merely raised it above his head, Jamie jumping up and down to grab it. "It's from my brother!" She yelled, finally snatching it back from Joe.

"Holy shit, wait the one in Italy?" Joe asked curiously while Jamie rolled her eyes and sat back down.

"Is that a letter from Marie?" George asked Peggy from where he sat on his bunk playing cards with Skip.

"Yes, she's in England right now and once we're in Europe she heads out with the field surgeons and hospitals," Peggy replied and nodded, opening the letter from Marie that had an England address on it.

Dear Maggie,

I know it's been about a week since the last letter but I wanted to check-in and see how you were. It's nice to see you've returned to your old ways with your job working side by side with this Nixon fellow. If he's the Nixon you've mentioned then I expect he's a good and kind man, otherwise, he better be. Peggy had to chuckle at the letter, Skip and George sharing looks before stepping over to her bunk to look at the letter too. She didn't really care if the two read over her shoulder, Skip wouldn't say anything and George surprisingly agreed to shut his mouth on anything Marie told her. Like your friend Jamie, I am very much at the top of my class with the Nurse Corps, but I expect not be joining any company. That's not my plan. I want to be in the thick of things, but not in the same way you were and will be. I have gotten letters from Mama and Papa, Mama has joined Papa in England right now. She didn't like being alone in America. I think Papa loves having her around, he likes having family around. I haven't seen them as they are some distance away and I've been so busy continuing my training and studies. But less of me and more of you. It's old news, I know, but I'm glad to hear you've made some friends within Easy. I know you named a few, George, Malarkey, Bull, Skip...to name a few. They seem nice and good men. I'm glad you'll have them at your side-

"Aw, Maggie, I didn't know you wrote about me." George teased and grinned at his friend who rolled her eyes.

"I'm just glad to be mentioned." Skip joked, Peggy shaking her head but smiling.