00: DEJA VU

Y/n Y/l/n wasn't a popular girl

Y/n Y/l/n wasn't a popular girl. She was more of like an outcast at Inarizaki.  The girl didn't mind though. The only person she needed was Kai Sakusa. He was her best friend since they were in middle school. It started off when Kai moved right across the street from the Y/l/n residence. The two immediately got along and started school together. Just as if it was meant to be, the two friends always found a way to be in the same classes.

Kai was a quiet guy. He didn't really like getting involved in things that caught attention. So as he got to his first year, the boy decided to stick around Y/n and join the yearbook staff with her.

-

"So you're saying we're in charge of taking the yearbook pics at the end of the year?" Kai asked Y/n as they walked to the school building.

"That's what Keyla-senpai said, wasn't it?"

"I wasn't fucking paying attention!"

"Come on, Kai. We need to more serious if we're gonna be in charge of the entire club next year. It's our responsibility as upperclassmen to learn so we can actually apply it."

"Whatever. Can I copy your homework?"

And there was also another thing... They were both in class 1. It wasn't that Y/n was stupid. She was actually really smart and ranked in the top five second year students. The thing was that Kai's parents convinced the school's board to place them together every year, using the reason of bullying (which really wasn't a lie... at all). Of course, since Kai would most likely never understand any of the advanced curricular, Y/n was the one to be placed lower than she should be.

"You already asked last week."

"Please!" he whined and got in front of the shorter girl, "I promise I can make it up sometime. I'll buy you food or take you to see my cousin! Kiyoomi is also a second year. I can hook you up!"

Y/n stopped at her shoe locker, "I think buying me food is enough. I'd rather not meet your germaphobe of a cousin. Lets be real, he would probably look at me in disgust and spray me with Lysol if I even spoke a word to him."

The girl shut her locker and turned around without looking, accidentally knocking into another person.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she spoke and bowed her head quickly. The two friends quickly moved as to not talk to the person. The worst that could happen to them was that they both got a beating. That was just how it was for them.

"It's okay," she heard a guys voice say from behind her.

But the two were already leaving. It left the guy curious about who they were to be leaving him hanging. You guessed it, it was Atsumu Miya that Y/n had bumped into.

-

"Good thing that guy didn't tell us anything. We didn't even see his face!" Kai laughed.

"You better be glad he didn't chase after us. Mostly everyone here knows our reputation as fucking losers."

"But we're not losers. You just never want to talk to anyone."

"Says you, dumbass. As if any other girl or guy would kindly take you in as a friend."

"Yeah yeah. You got me there. Now, hurry with the homework answers..."

-

Suna and Osamu were running late.

"BROOO, THE TEACHER'S GONNA BE SO MAD AT US!"

"YEAH YOU CAN THANK 'TSUMU FER MAKING US LATE!"

"DEFINITELY GONNA BEAT HIS ASS LATER!"

"Talkin' 'bout a stupid girl who bumped into him," murmured Osamu.

"Sorry we're late," the boys said and bowed.

"Just go ahead and take a seat."

-

Y/n's head shot up when she heard the door's familiar click. I don't remember the principal coming in for student checks so often, she thought. Nevermind.

The girl laid her head back down when she saw who it was. The two guys just sat back in their seats. How come I never noticed those two?

When nothing clicked into her head about who those two could have possibly been, she decided to let it go. It must've been nothing if the girl couldn't remember who they were. 'Maybe I was just having deja vu.'