14: FEELINGS

"Hey, Kai?" Y/n walked up beside him on Monday morning

"Yeah?"

"Maybe I'm just saying, uhm, that the girl who supposedly likes you... I don't really think she's good for you."

An awkward silence set up between the two of them before Kais sighed, "Yeah I know."

Y/n frowned as she turned to him, "You do?" she asked as they both switched their shoes at their lockers.

"Mhm, thats why I dragged her away when you told me to. It disappointed me though, the way she lied. I really thought she could've actually been the one."

"Don't say that. She really doesn't deserve you at all. You'll find someone soon. I promise," Y/n hugged him from the waist.

"I guess yeah. So I'll cut off, whatever I thought I had with her, today. Any progress with Ray?" He asked with a smirk.

"Once again, how many times do I have to tell you—"

"I know, I know. You guys are jUsT fRiEnDs. So then, you like Atsumu."

"What? No. I barely just met him last week, same with Ray."

"He might like you. Maybe."

"Nah, he's too popular for that. His fangirls are prettier. Atsumu can choose any of them over me any day he wants to, and I really wouldn't care."

"You sure?"

"Yup—"

"Oh hey guys! Um, we'll have a meeting about this during lunch today, but I need you guys to tell a coach about pictures for me. Okay, bye because I'm in a rush," Keyla suddenly ran up to them and left.

"Weird. Anyways, let's go. Class is about to start since we're late."

-

"So what's up with you guys being late today?" Suna asked as they got to their group, for the last time.

"Don't know actually. I guess we just talked too much without noticing how slow we were going."

"I see. Welp, we finished early so I'm gonna nap," Suna laid his head down secretly and tried to sleep.

"So, 'Tsumu's been going on about you this morning. Something about telling him if you consider him a friend or not."

Y/n nodded, "I remember. Yup."

"What are you gonna say?"

"He's just a friend so I mean,... yeah it's not a big deal."

"I guess you're right. He has a training camp soon I think. He'll be gone for a week."

"Really?! Woah, he must be really talented."

"I know. I hate to admit it, but he's really talented as a setter."

"We should go to your tournaments more often. Right Y/n?" Kai asked with a smile on his face.

"If they go to nationals yep."

"We'll make sure of it, don't worry," Osamu smiled.

-

"This won't take long. It's just us three for today, so, Y/n," Keyla turned to her, "I'm gonna need you two to tell the volleyball coach that pictures won't be held until the season is over. Because the third years are staying."

"Okay, is that it?"

"Yeah, now bye."

"You could've told us this later," Kai whined.

"Right now is much easier. Now shoo."

The two walked out of the room and back to their class. While getting their, Atsumu noticed them and walked up to them.

"Hey, Kai can I take her just for a second? Yeah? Thanks," Atsumu dragged her back and to the outside area.

"Woah chill. What is it?"

"Can i have your number now? Please, I have a training camp like in a few weeks so I won't be here at all. And I want to talk to you while I'm there."

"Oh, for a second i thought you would ask if I thought of you as a friend—"

"And that too!"

She sighed, "Where's your phone?"

"Really?!"

"Yes, now hurry or else I'm not."

Atsumu hurried to pull his phone out and opened the contact info. She filled out her number on it and put the contact as her name.

"Here."

"So, i'm your friend right?"

Y/n stayed silent, but bursted out in a small smile. She turned to look at him, tilting her head, and smiled even bigger, "I guess you are."

Atsumu felt his stomach do flips, but he didn't know why. Even if it felt cliche just a tiny bit, it was like butterflies swarmed his stomach from just seeing her smile. He had barely met this girl just a week ago, and this was just a bet. A bet for her to fall in love with him. Not the other way around.

But what if they both felt the same way? What if by some miracle, the two of them could be together? Thoughts swarmed his head, but went down as the warning bell rung.

"Okay, bye 'Tsumu. See ya later," she said and walked away quickly.

I really hate her for making me feel like this.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

double update...
vote and comment.