15: NEW MANAGER, NEW ENEMIES

"You guys know what to do," Keyla said as the two second years walked into the club room

After walking with Ray down to his practice, Y/n made sure to hurry and meet up with Kai.

"Ok, there's no point in hiding now. Let's make this quick," Y/n sighed and walked to the gym.

Upon carefully opening the gym doors, the squeaking of the shoes became louder and the boys came into vision. They weren't playing a match this time though. It was more of drills than anything else.

"Oh, you're here for the picture taking aren'tcha?" the coach asked as he saw them walking towards him.

"Well, not exactly. We just came to say that they're not going to be taken since the third years are still playing. Hope that's okay..."

"Ah, I see. Well then, that's fine." By that time, everyone was already looking at the two that had just walked in.

"Hey Y/n!" Atsumu tried to run to them, a smile on his face. Kita rolled his eyes and stopped him before he could actually do it though. Suna and Osamu stood there, like they were strangers. The rest of the team also stared.

"Hey guys," she waved to them, "Anyways, we should get going now. Sorry for the interruption."

"Yeah it's fine. Let us know when you'll come in for those shots."

"Will do, Sir," the two bowed and walked back to the doors. But suddenly it opened.

"I'm so sorry. I'm late on the first day!" They said as they abruptly opened the door. There stood the girl that Kai had yet to cut ties with.

"Hm, I forgot about this. Guys, come on over here, you too," he motioned to the other girl.

She passed by Kai and Y/n with a glare before skipping her way to the team. The two, unbothered, kept walking away until they were out the door. But as Kai kept walking on, Y/n pulled his wrist so that they could both watch the stuff go down.

-

Holy shit, she's the new manager now?! Suna rolled his eyes and walked to the group with Osamu beside him.

"She's already getting on my nerves," Osamu whispered to him. Suna nodded.

"Well guys, this is—"

"Liliya Watabe," she interrupted.

The coach sighed, "She'll be your new manager from now on. Welcome her."

"Hello!" they all bowed to her, making her giggle.

Y/n watched as they all, one by one, introduced their names and what they were supposed to do. And she also noticed how she stuck around Atsumu way longer than the others.

"What the hell? We should go now, Kai."

"Mhm..."

-

"No club tomorrow. Since it's Tuesday and you guys deserve time off. Stay safe everyone," Keyla dismissed everyone off.

Kai and Y/n walked away in silence. It seemed like Kai didn't want to talk after seeing what happened in the gym.

"You okay?" Y/n broke off the quiet mood.

She heard her best friend sigh, "I guess yeah. Don't worry about it. I barley even knew her," he chuckled.

"Well if you ever need anything. I'm here for you."

"I know. Oh hey guys," he said and walked beside Suna, Osamu, and Atsumu (who had a girl clinging onto his arm).

"Ah, hey."

"Practice let off early today or what?" Y/n asked.

"Yup. We have the representative playoffs I think. To put it in your terms, the games that determine who goes to nationals."

"Ohhh, okay I get—"

"Y/N!"

She turned around to see Ray running towards her, his teammates snickering from behind him. Atsumu had also stopped and turned around upon hearing her name being called. He turned to look at her. And he felt his heart break when he saw a smile creep up on her face. There was no denying his feelings that he was actually falling for her.

"Oh hi," she said when he got to her, "short practice for you guys too?"

"Yeah," they all started walking again, "Coach said we trained hard enough. I think the playoffs are next week. Maybe it's the same for everyone though."

"For these guys it's the same. Woah, next week huh? Good luck though. Get to nationals for me."

"We'll try to," he chuckled.

Atsumu heard all of this and rolled his eyes. But he decided to ignore the rest and pay more attention to the girl who actually gave him any, even if he thought she was annoying.

Though no one noticed, Ray and Liliya turned to give each other a nod and smirk. Truth be told, shit was about to go down.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

uhm guys.. this almost has 1k 😁❤️
vote and comment.