Chapter 41

A/N:  Hi, I'm not dead...yet.  I have literally been out of the house all day, testing water sources for Girl Scouts and getting my boot filled with dirty water.  I may or may not have done some illegally stuff, like jumping gates to test water.....but....I'm not in jail yet so that is good. 😅

This chapter is probably not going to be the best since I am so tired from preventing my sisters from breaking my water testing kit...so sorry.

Anthony's Pov

"It's good to see you again, Mr. and Mrs. Sedna," I greet as I find our table.

"Same to you, dear," Kai's mother replies.

Kai smiles and fails at secretly trying to sit next to me instead of between her own parents.  They brush it off, but I give Kai a weird look.  She did mention being uncomfortable around her parents, but what is there to fear? They seem nice, and how could anyone shun their own mom and dad?

We quickly agree on what we want to order and the waiter arrives just on time.  Kai orders for her parents and herself.  She ordered the meals and some red wine that her parents want to try.

"Sorry, ma'am.  I'm going to need to see some ID for that alcohol," the waiter smirks, winking at Kai.

Wait a damn second...is he flirting with her?

Before I can object, Kai's mother smiles sweetly.

"No, I ordered the wine.  Still want to see my ID?" she asks

The waiter looks at Kai's mother, blushing red.  He stutters out a "no" before quickly and awkwardly taking my order.

Kai's mother smiles and her husband sighs to himself.

Well, she diffused that pretty quickly.

Kai laughs before holding her hand out to her mother.  Her mother gives her a high five before looking sheepishly at her husband.

"Thanks Mom," Kai smiles.

"Anything for my daughter," Mrs. Sedna responds.

The food arrives soon after, by a different waiter.  We eat our meals in silence.  Once we finish Kai leads us out to the water's edge and points out the beautiful sunset.  Kai quickly urges us back to the cars and we drive back to her house to walk along the beach.  Kai also brings Steve and Bucky out for a walk.  Bucky is prancing ahead of the group while Steve sits on my head.

"Oh, stop being so smug," I mutter to Steve.

Steve meows and watches as Bucky brings a stick to Mr. Sedna.  Kai's father looks at him before shaking his head.  Mrs. Sedna gives her husband a look before taking the stick and throwing it into the ocean.  Bucky happily barks and chases the stick.

Kai's mother laughs as Bucky brings back the stick and lays the stick at Mrs. Sedna's feet.  Steve meows from my head and jumps onto Kai's shoulder, startling her.

Later I left the Sedna's household, leaving Mr. and Mrs. Sedna at the house while Kai returns to the aquarium to pick up Sailor.

Steve's Pov

I lay on the couch, on top of Bucky and next to Kai's mother.  Mrs. Sedna is petting my head while Bucky nudges her leg, trying to get her attention.  Kai's mother strokes Bucky's side and I lick his head, attempting to smooth his messy hair.

"It's here," I hear Kai's father say.

Kai's mother sighs and looks out the window.  I crane my neck and see a black silhouette on the ocean's horizon.  The ship draws near to the port, and I feel Bucky tense under me, also sensing the upcoming danger.