Chapter 31

Anthony's Pov

I had just arrived a few minutes ago, and an anxious Kai pulled me through her house.  She showed me the little merformer and asked me to entertain him as she called Fowler.

I was currently playing peek-a-boo with the child in the living room, and he is a giggling mess.

"I'm so sorry for dragging you here," Kai apologizes as she sits down on the couch.

"It's fine," I respond.  "Plus, I'm glad you reached out to me first.  What did Fowler say?"

"He said to bring the merformer over tomorrow and see if the Autobots or the Decepticons know him," Kai says.

We are interrupted when the little merformer makes grabby hand motions at Kai.  I pass the child to Kai and it sits happily in her lap.  Kai checked that the bandages over it's body are secure before relaxing.

We were peaceful for a few minutes before the little merformer's stomach grumbles.

Kai smacks her forehead, "Of course you're hungry.  Why didn't I ask earlier."

Kai passes me the child again as she rushes to the kitchen while asking me if I was hungry.

I didn't want to be a burden, but my growling stomach gave me away.  Kai laughs from the kitchen before getting to work.

"Now...we should give you a name," I say to the little merformer.

"He's a male," Kao exclaims from the kitchen.

"How do you know?" I question.

"He has a special scale pattern that only males have," she explains before turning on the blender.

I nod as I exam the merformer.

"Let's call you Anthony Jr., Tony for short," I decide.

Out of nowhere, Kai's cat and dog rush into the room and attack me (A/N:  I'm not trying to be insensitive about what happened in End Game, I just thought this scene would be funny).  Kai walks back into the room at that exact moment and laughs, almost dropping the sandwiches she made.

I grumble some words underneath my breath before sitting up again.  Kai hands me a plate and I snatch it out of her hands as I give her a glare.  She's still chuckling while she feeds the merformer.

Kai's Pov

I had blended some fish and milk together to make a dolphin formula, but I reasoned the merformer pup would like it too.  I was trying feed him with a spoon, but the merformer was so confused.  I mentally smack myself again and show the merformer how to use a spoon.  Once he finally understood he was supposed to drink the liquid off the spoon and not eat the spoon, he finished the meal very quickly.

Once he had finished eating, I was able to eat my sandwich and think of a name for the merformer.

"How about...Sailor," I offer.

Anthony slowly nods, "As much as I would love for him to be named Anthony Jr., Salior works too."

"Ok, then.  You're Sailor," I say to the merformer as I boop his nose.

He chirps at me and snuggles into my arms.

"You are too precious," Anthony coos as he come closer to Sailor.

Sailor attempt to boop Anthony, the same way I did to him a few seconds ago, but he kinda just smacked Anthony's face.  We all have a good laugh.  I check the clock and seeing the late hour, I ask if Anthony wants to stay over for the night.

"You could sleep on the couch," I offer.

Anthony agrees and helps me bring pillows and blankets to the sofa.  Sailor was clinging onto me the whole time.  Anthony made a small pillow fort for Sailor and played with him in an attempt to get him sleepy.  But this little merformer was so full of energy.  When we realized he wasn't going to go to sleep anything soon, Anthony grabbed the cardboard boxes I had near my front door from deliveries and began to make a cardboard boat for Salior.  I helped him and it was strong enough to support Sailor's weight.  I took some pictures of the cute merformer on the not so cute looking cardboard boat.

We played into the late hours of the night and the early hours of the morning.  Soon we all fell asleep, Anthony on the couch, me laying against the couch, Sailor resting in my arms and lap, while Bucky and Steve were sleeping on my legs.

A/N: The art is the same one from Chapter 30, which is done by NGP.