Chapter 1

Kai's Pov

As I waited for the three days to pass, I impatiently paced my new home.  It was roomy and had only 3 rooms.  The lounge and kitchen area, my bedroom, and a guest room (I transformed the guest room into an area for my pets to sleep and play).  I also walked along the beach's shore to get the jitters out of my body.  What if I wasn't good enough?  Would the merformers like me?  Questions of doubt circled in my mind.

When Monday finally arrived, I barely got any sleep.  I kept myself awake with questions and excitement.  When a reasonable time to wake up rolled around, I got out of bed and began getting ready for the day.  I ate a quick breakfast before going out to my car.  I got into the drivers seat before realizing I didn't lock the door.  I ran back to my door and turned the lock before getting back into my car.  I drove along the roads until I arrived at the Jasper Aquarium.  I pulled up to the ticket booth.

"Ma'am, the aquarium doesn't open until 9:00 am.  Please come back in an hour," the bored looking ticket person said.

"Um...I'm actually the new doctor here," I shove my hand into my bag and give him the letter I received from Agent Fowler.

He quickly skims the note before handing it back to me, "Sorry about that," he says as he checks a piece of paper on a clipboard, "Please park in slot 589."

I thank him before trying to find my parking space.  After driving around the large parking lot for about 10 minutes, I found the spot.  I parked along two other cars before getting out of my car.  I walked up the aquarium.  The glass doors opened by themselves as I walked in.  I haven't even taken one step into the lobby before a girl literally appears out of nowhere.

"Hi!  My name is Sierra!  You must be the new doctor, Ezili, right?" she says as she shakes my hand like crazy.

I nod dumbly at her energetic personality, "Uh, yes.  I'm the new doctor."

She smiles, "Perfect, follow me."

She walks me to the information desk, "I work here, so if you need any help feel free to come by and see me."

I nod.  She walks to a door next to the desk and pushes it open.  I follow behind her.  Our shoes click on the tiled floor as we pass a few doors.

"The seas animals and merformers are available for all to see, but these are the back doors to their tanks so we can check on them," she instructs as she gestures to the doors.  I then notice the labels on each door.  Turtle, Seals, Sting Rays, Sharks, Autobots, Decepticons...wait what?

Sierra continues to walk on as I stop at the two doors.  They are opposite to each other, the one labeled Autobots is red while the other door is purple.  When Sierra notices that I am not next to her anymore, she turns around and notices me starring at the doors.

"Oh, those are our merformer doors," she says.

"Why are they divided?" I ask.

"Most people don't know this, but they are at war with each other," she replies.

I give her a questioning look. She sighs before speaking, "I'm not really supposed to tell anyone this, but since you are a recruit I see no harm.  The merformers lived in Atlantis before the war.  But when the war broke out, they unconsciously destroyed their home.  The Autobots," she points to the red door, "are the good guys while the Decepticons," she point to the purple door, "are the bad guys.  The Decepticons aren't actually available to the public, they are too dangerous."

I nod after her story ends.  She frowns a bit at the doors before her smile reappears, "Do you want to see them?"

I looked at her shocked, "Can we do that?"

"Of course we can, you're their new doctor," she says as she takes out a key card, "This is your card, you can only open the merformer doors with it though."  She hands the card to me and I clip it onto my pants.

"Go on, try it out," she says.  I walk to the purple door, I mean how bad can these merformers be?  As I'm about to swipe the card, Sierra pulls me back.

"Not this door."

I can see the fear in her eyes so I redirect myself to the red door.  I swipe the card and the door unlocks.  I walk in.

A/N: More cute merformer pictures; I know the merformers in the picture aren't TFP.  Also, credit goes to the artist.