Chapter 2

Kai's Pov

The door creaks open and I come face to face with a man. His suit is a little rumbled but it compliments his dark skin nicely. He stares me and Sierra.

"Sierra," he says.

Sierra perks up, "Yes? Agent Fowler."

So this was the head keeper who wrote me the letter.

Agent Fowler speaks again, "Next time tell me when new recruits arrive. But, for now, you are dismissed, the aquarium opens in 15 minutes."

Sierra nods before scurrying out of the room. I turn around and see her smile and wink at me.

"So, you must be Ezili?" he asks me as he stretches out his hand.

I turn to look at him and accept his handshake, "Yes I am."

"Well, knowing Sierra, she probably gave you a small tour?" he questions.

"Yes."

"Okay, then. As I said in the letter, you will be our doctor for the merformers," he says as he starts walking to a large pool in the middle of the room. He then stops in front of the pool and gives me a red folder. "Inside are all the names and personalities of the merformers in this room," he then hands me a purple folder, "and these are all the merformers in the other room."

He says "the other room" with disgust.

I'm glad I wore shorts because all of a sudden I feel water soaking my legs.

Bumblebee's Pov

A few minutes ago...

I heard the door open and saw Sierra and this new girl. The unfamiliar face was framed with raven black hair. Her tanned skin was covered by a loose t-shirt and black shorts. I instantly think she is gorgeous. I chirped happily to myself before swimming to alert Optimus. I quickly give him the information. He muses to himself.

Ratchet scoffs in the background, "I hope she is better than the last doctor."

Flashbacks of our last doctor came to me. I remember him patching up a wound on my shoulder that I got by swimming past a sharp rock, he was just snipping the thread then his hands slipped, the feeling of pain as the scissors pierced my neck, and the emotional pain of losing my voice. I sigh deeply and Ratchet realized he hit a nerve.

He mumbles, "Sorry, Bee." before swimming off to his cave.

Optimus comes up to me, "Watch the new girl, make sure we can trust her."

I nod my head, I already have a feeling I can trust this girl. I swim back to the surface and hide behind a rock. I see Fowler give the girl two folders as his voice drifts to my ears, "Inside are all the names and personalities of the merformers in this room. And these are all the merformers in the other room."

I quietly swim up to the edge of the pool, wanting to be noticed and I take the risky choice of splashing the girl's leg. The other doctors hated when I did that, but I had a feeling she would act differently.

The girl whips her head to the pool and her eyes widen when they see me. I get a clear view of her eyes, midnight blue. Her face turns from shock to awe.

"Bumblebee!" Fowler exclaims, "What have I told you about splashing?!" I cower under his authority. Only him, Optimus, and Ultra Magnus get this kind of respect from me.

"Oh, I don't mind," the girl speaks up.

"Really?" Fowler gives her a look.

She gives her head a nod. I smile and chirp. She looks at me and waves.

"That's Bumblebee, he is the child of the group along with Smokescreen," Fowler informs her. She nods before she walks up to the edge of the pool. She crouches down to my level and hesitantly raises her hand over my head. She pauses and looks deep into my eyes.

Kai's Pov

His eyes are a sparkling cyan blue. He moves his head to reach my hand. His scales are cold and smooth. I pet him gently, like I would do with my cat and dog. I move my hand down to behind his ears flaps? and scratch lightly. His eyes widen before fluttering shut is bliss. I smile and chuckle at his behavior.

"Well, seems you are hitting it off with Bumblebee," Agent Fowler says from behind me.

I jerk my hand back, startled. I forgot he was there. Bumblebee looks at me questioningly.

"Sorry. Am I allowed to do that?" I ask.

"Of course you are," he replies, "you are their doctor

"The Autobots here don't get injured much and they put on shows every now and then. They weren't really fond of their last doctor, but I'm sure they will like you," Agent Fowler continues.

"Thank you," I say, blushing. I wasn't used to being complimented.

"Okay, today you will acquaint yourself with both the Autobots and Decepticons. The Autobots get fed after their shows, but you will need to bring the Decepticon's their food at 9:00am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm," Agent Fowler says.

"Okay, got it," I respond.

"Good, have fun today. You can leave at 5:30 pm, after the aquarium closes," he says before he leaves through the door.

I wave at him as the door closes. I sigh, I guess I made a good impression. I look back at the pool to see Bumblebee gone. I decide to wait until he returns, and while I wait I look through the Autobot file Agent Fowler gave me.

Optimus Prime: Leader, Ultra Magnus: Second In Command, Ratchet: Medic, Wheeljack: Wrecker, Cliffjumper: Soldier, Bulkhead: Ex-Wrecker, Arcee: Soldier, Bumblebee: Scout, Smokescreen: Soldier

They all have some...interesting names. I suddenly hear a splash from the pool and I look up and see nine colorful merformers.