Chapter 4

Soundwave's Pov

The door creaks open.  Laserbeak perks up as I look up.  I silently hide behind a rock as I give Laserbeak the order to notify Lord Megatron.  A female human carefully walks up to the pool.  Staying a few feet away from the edge of it she calls out, asking if anyone was there.  I consider my choices: wait for Lord Megatron or approach the human.  I weight the pros and cons before deciding to approach the human.  I glide out of my hiding spot, startling the human.  She yelps.  I see the grey wet suit she is wearing with the white logo of the Jasper Aquarium.  Pressed close to her chest she holds a medical kit.  Ah, so she is our new doctor.  I hear a harsh click from behind me, turning around I see Lord Megatron.  I bow and back away so he can get closer to the human.

Megatron's Pov

The human's eye widen, probably marveling at my size.  I use my hand to gesture her closer, curiosity taking over my normally violent thoughts.  She takes a few tentative steps closer, but not close enough.

"Um, I-I here t-to treat your w-wounds?" she says, but it sounds more like a question.

I nod and click at Soundwave to bring Starscream and any Vehicons who were injured up to the surface.  The fight obviously was between Starscream and me, but some Vehicons got in the way trying to stop Starscream from attacking me.  As Soundwave leaves I heave myself up onto the ground.  I gesture to the gash along my chest.  She freezes for a moment before stepping closer to me.  She kneels slowly onto the floor, as if she is afraid to make quick and jerky movements.  Her foot hits the chains laying on the floor and I give a threatening growl.  Her hands quickly dash up in surrender to show she has no weapons.  I continue to glare at the chains on the floor.  The number of times they were used on me, has left me haunted.  She notices my starring at the chains and slowly grabs one.  I growl louder.

Kai's Pov

This gun metal grey colored merformer growls as I slowly lift the chains.  Is he scared of them?  I bring the chains closer and he growls louder.  I then look at the chains and throw them as far away as I can.  The merformer stops growling and gives me a confused look.

"I'm not going to hurt you.  I noticed you don't like the chains.  Don't worry, I'm not going to use them," I says.

Megatron's Pov

When she isn't stuttering, her voice is lovely and smooth.  I nod my head at her words.  She then opens the medical kit and starts to wipe my wound with an alcohol pad.

I wince and she says, "I'm sorry, I know it hurts."

After she cleans it, she sews up the gash with suture thread and puts waterproof gauze around my chest.  Her finger tips dance around my skin and it feels wonderful.  To have another human touch me, but not be afraid.  After she finished, Starscream, some Vehicons, and Soundwave were waiting.

I slide back into the water and Starscream hopped onto the ground.  She quickly patched him up as Soundwave and I watching from the shadows.  After Starscream was finished, he came over and apologized to me about the fight.

"I'm so sorry, my Lord about the fight.  It was inappropriate of me to challenge your authority," he says while bowing.

At first I didn't respond, I was watching the girl whose name I realized I didn't know yet.  The way her hair fell around her shoulders.  By the looks of it, it was soaking wet.  She probably was playing with Prime and his team.  I scoff to myself.

"My Lord?" Starscream asks.

I snap out of my daze and look at Starscream.  He cowers under my stare.

"Sorry to intrude my Lord.  But are you interested in that human female?" Starscream asks.

"Yes, I am interested in the human female.  She isn't afraid of us and she didn't use the chains." I reply.

"Ah, yes my Lord," Starscream looks at the girl as she finishes patching up the last Vehicon.

She stands up and looks around.  She then starts to walk away and I think she is leaving but she only walks a bit and crouches down next to a bag.  She pulls out a purple folder and flips through the pages.  She then walks back to the edge of the dark watered pool and looks at the paper in the folder before looking at the shadows in the pool.

"Megatron?" she calls out.

I don't move.

"Lord Megatron," she tries again.

I still don't move.

"What the hell an I doing, of course he won't answer.  He's a Lord, what would he want with me," she mumbles as she packs up and leaves the room.

A/N: Tell me in the comments how you feel about my book.  I'm new to this so I want to know if you like this.  Also, art isn't mine, credit goes to the artist.