27

-

-

"so, we barely have anything," ricky chuckled nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

"yea," nina awkwardly agreed as she straightened her back.

ricky sat on the desk chair of his room, fiddling with his pencil, trying to think of something to write down for the song. behind him, nina sat on the bed, crisscross, as she stared blankly at the paper set in front of her.

"it should have some sort of meaning," nina spoke up. "it's your first album so there should be a lot of sentiment."

he nodded in agreement, "that makes sense."

"so do you have any memory or event that sticks out and you would want to incorporate into the album?"

he took a moment to think back. a lot of stuff stuck out to him- some involving music, most involving her. he truly didn't have an interesting life, he was the side character.

most of his childhood, he was stuck in a room with ellie playing instruments and singing songs. she helped him find his love for music at an early age. but then she moved away, and the light that shone brightly, the one that kept him going, was gone.

a couple miserable years in the dark later, a new girl came and brought the light back, except times 10. he was excited to do things he had dreaded previously if it meant seeing her. she brought the excitement. but then, the light was once again gone.

"ricky?" she broke him out of his thoughts. "have you thought of anything?"

he shook his head and looked down.

"oh. i could give you a minute if you want," she suggested. "just so you could have some time to collect your thoughts."

"sure," he replied, "i think that would be good."

she nodded and looked back down at her paper. not even a single note written down, just the empty spaces between each line staring back as if it was mocking her.

she closed her eyes for a minute and looked up around the man's room. it was a nice room, big. it looked like he was a neat person; there were no messes to be detected.

the lack of art stood out the most. he had no paintings hanging on his light grey walls. she looked at the dresser across the room and saw two picture frames. she could make out one of them being with his friends and the other being with his family.

he must be a family oriented guy.

she looked around more and saw a small clear case on the nightstand next to his bed. she furrowed her brows in confusion and leaned closer to get a closer look. a smile started to paint across her face when she realized what it was - it was the engraved guitar pick she gave him for christmas. he had it displayed in his room like a collectors item.