10

the next morning, ricky had a meeting scheduled with luke and nina. nina had also informed them that there would be some people flying down from la to help work on some stuff with the contract.

ricky's nerves were through the roof. he had no idea if someone he recognized would walk in through the doors of the room he was waiting frantically in. he sat next to luke, and as he sorted out papers, ricky kept his eyes on the door.

a couple seconds later, ricky saw the door handle turning and heard the sound of a girl's laughter getting louder as the door opened.

his girl.

no. not his girl. ej's girl.

she walked in and ricky saw luke stand up, so he did the same, wiping his sweaty hands on his jeans and gulped, as he felt his heart beat faster and faster.

"oh richard! luke! you're here!" nina exclaimed as she saw the two. "this is grayson and luna-" she introduced and they shook hands, "- they're here to help me with some stuff while i'm here," she explained.

"it's nice to meet you," luke greeted, "i'm luke and this is richard bowen," he pointed to ricky who gave them a light nod.

"perfect! should we get started?" nina asked as she looked at luke, who nodded.

the five of them sat down and nina couldn't help but notice ricky was staring at her, breathless. she mouthed a "you okay?" to him and he just shook his head out of his thoughts and looked towards luke, still glancing at her every 2 seconds.

"so, we've spoken to luke on the phone before we boarded our flight," luna began, "and he's told us about what has been happening in your last few meetings."

grayson nodded as she spoke.

"okay?" nina stifled a laugh. this usually happens with all her new clients but somehow, the tone in luna's voice made her think something was wrong.

"he told us about a slight problem that's been occurring and already, we've seen it happen," grayson explained.

ricky and nina gave each other a look, then looked to the three older adults with puzzled looks.

"and that is..."

"well, you guys are clearly lacking communication between the two of you," luke said.

ricky opened his mouth to talk but he couldn't form any words as he was quickly shot down by luke.

"see, you can't even argue," he let out a breath, "so, we've decided to cancel the meeting for you two to have some sort of hangout to talk and get to know each other better."

nina and ricky looked at each other, jaws dropped in attempt to say something opposing the idea.

"i don't know if-"

"yea-yea, we'll do it," ricky interrupted nina, earning a look from her, "we can hang out at the common room here and um... watch a movie or something?"

"uh-"

"yes, that's perfect," luna grinned, "you guys have all day so, please, don't rush."

"great," ricky mumbled, happy that he may get the chance to have a full conversation with her.

"you okay with that nina?" grayson asked her.

she smiled and turned to face the man, nodding her head, "of course."

-

the two made their way to the common room, which was a level above them. they could see the small arcade in its own room with a couple arcade machines and the flashing neon led lights stuck onto the high ends of the walls.