32

"thank you for joining us today richard and nina," the interviewer said as the audience's applause died down.

"it's a pleasure being here," nina replied.

"thank you for having us," ricky added on.

"so, on our last interview we had with the both of you, you had just signed with salrob records, correct?"

the two nodded.

"great, and i recall you saying the experience was- and i quote 'rocky' in the beginning. have there been any more bumps in the road or has it been continuing rather smoothly?"

the two looked at each other and let an awkward laugh out.

"that doesn't sound too pleasant," the interviewer lightly laughed, "care to explain?"

"it's been a lot these past few months, to say the least," nina started. "i don't want to get into too much detail but since the last time we were here, i found out i've actually been to salt lake before my memory disappeared."

"really? wow, what a shock. and have you guys met each other the first time you've visited here?"

nina turned to ricky to let him answer. "uh, yes actually. we went to high school together for senior year."

"wow, really?" the interviewer asked, taken aback. the two looked at the audience who were looking around at the person they had accompanied. "so you guys were friends? or did you not know each other until you made the connection?"

"we knew each other," ricky answered in an iffy tone. "we had a science class together."

"wow, that's crazy! and nina, you didn't find out about it until after a while?" she nodded. "why is that?"

"richard told me he recognized me from when we first saw each other and he knew instantly that it was me," she turned to look at him and he nodded his head in confirmation. "but, a lot went on a few years ago that i'd rather not get into on national television," she laughed.

"of course, would never want to pressure you," the interviewer assured. "so, how's life been? richard, have you been getting noticed more in public?"

he raised his eyebrows and nodded, making the audience laugh. "yea, it's hard to not go outside now without someone asking if i'm richard bowen."

"it's only just the beginning sir! you're going to be getting noticed a lot more. trust me."

"looking forward to it," he answered sarcastically, making the crowd laugh once more. "no, i am really excited to be pursuing my dream. i knew it had to come at a cost- that being not being able to go to the grocery store without being asked if i could take a picture- which i love by the way! if you ever see me in public-" he looked at the camera and pointed, "-i would love to meet you."

"you hear that everyone! praise him when you see him in public!" the group laughed. "what about you nina? any new plans for your wedding? have you set a date or location yet?"

"actually, elijah and i have decided to discontinue our relationship," she told everyone and ricky jolted his head in her direction.

"oh, i'm sorry."

"no no, it's fine," she laughed nervously, "we knew it was going to happen and we're still best friends. in fact, i was just on a call with him before we got on stage."

"that's good! glad you guys could still make out a friendship."

"of course! i love the guy, we've been friends for forever. i'm surprised he hasn't given up on me," she laughed.

"sometimes it is just better to remain friends."

"oh, absolutely."

ricky watched her throughout the whole conversation in almost a stage of disbelief as he couldn't believe they were over... again.

"so for the upcoming album that richard, you're going to be releasing, is there any information you could give about what's going to be on it?"

nina looked at ricky which broke him out of his trance, and he turned to face the woman. "sorry, what was that?"

"any songs we've already heard? new songs?"

"oh right! there's a few longer versions of songs that i've already posted on my instagram, so stay tuned for that," he teased. "also a couple new songs that no one but my producer and nina have heard."

"they're very good," nina managed to sneak in.

"thanks," he smiled at her. "also one special song i have not yet finished with my beautiful friend, nina salazar-roberts."

"a duet!"

"yes," nina laughed. "still in progress though."

"we can't wait to hear it! any lyrics you could spill?"

"um," the two looked at each other. "not lyrics specifically but with what we've written so far it really defines our friendship."

"that's good, hopefully it's not too hard to come up with the perfect song."

"not hard at all! it has been a while and we have not finished but it's more so because we end up doing something else like hanging out with friends or watching movies," ricky laughed.

"great ways to make memories and to make the song more meaningful, if i do say so myself," she said to them. "well that's it for now folks, tune in next time for another special guest you do not want to miss! have a good night and remember to stream richard bowen's new album! good night everybody."

"and we're off the air!" they heard a man with a deep voice yell and a bell ring right after.

"great job you two! can't wait to hear the album, i know you guys are gonna do great," the woman told them before walking away.

"second interview done!" nina said to ricky. "how do you feel."

"tired," he joked, "didn't know interviews took that much out of you."

"you get used to it, don't worry."

"hopefully." he said to her. "so you and ej?"

"what about us?"

"you broke up?"

"oh... yea." she laughed nervously, "did i not tell you?"

he shook his head. "you okay?"

"yea, just wasn't the best with him. we both agreed it was better that we have a break."

"how's that been?"

"better. we aren't as guarded around each other anymore. we're more loose."

"that's good."

"yea, didn't know how much it was weighing me down until we let go."

he smiled genuinely at her. "you sure you're okay?"

she nodded with a soft smile. "thank you. i'm okay. i promise."

"okay, good. but you have to tell me if you feel off in any way, okay? we'll go out so you could get it off your mind."

she nodded. "yea, yea."

"promise?"

"yes ricky, i promise."