17

"mamas?" nina softly said, checking to see if the call had connected

"nina? honey are you there?"

"hi, yes, i'm here," she replied.

"nina! how are you honey? i feel like i haven't seen you in ages," dana said.

"i'm good," she chuckled, "i miss you guys a lot- more and more everyday."

"aww, we miss you too sweetie," carol said, "how's everything there? i hope ashlyn's house isn't too bad."

"no, no it's the absolute best," she assured them. "i love salt lake, i can't believe i wouldn't have gotten to see it if it wasn't for this client."

"yea..." nina could hear the awkwardness in her mom's voice.

"speaking of the client," carol spoke, "how's it going? you signed with them so they must be good. you're our best critic!"

"it's good! he's already started writing and recording a couple songs for his ep. i think we got really lucky with this one."

"that's good!" carol replied.

"how much longer do you think you're going to have to be there for?" dana asked.

"hm," she thought, "probably about a few- maybe one or two more months. i'm probably going to be flying back before the release date of the ep though."

"months? can't you shorten it? we miss seeing our little angel everyday."

"trust me, i miss you guys way more," she chuckled, "i'll see what i could do. if nothing changes, i could probably be home by the end of the month!"

"perfect, we can't wait to see you honey."

"i can't wait to see you guys too."

"well, it's getting pretty late over there, you should head to bed."

"of course, yea, i was about to, but i wanted to talk to you guys."

"you're so sweet," dana cooed.

"make sure you're taking care of yourself okay? reach out to us if you ever need help."

"i know mamas," she smiled, though her moms couldn't see through the phone.

"alright, head to bed now, okay? don't stay up too late."

"ok, ok, good night, i love you guys."

"we love you too, sweetie."

she ended the phone call and laid down on her bed, staring at the popcorn ceiling with a smile on her face. she did miss her moms, if she could, she would fly back to la in a heartbeat, but it was also nice having a break from everything busy and just working for two or so hours a day and then getting to relax with her new friends.