22

they ended the meeting fairly quickly because of how uncooperative and, in the words of grayson when he pulled nina aside: immature they were being

throughout the meeting, everyone would be talking normally while ricky, much like the first time they had met, kept his eyes on the woman as she tried to act as regular as possible.

as ricky packed up his stuff, he saw the girl leaving, almost in a rush, so he quickened his pace and starting walking after her as she walked through the halls.

"hey!" he whisper- yelled, trying not to grab the attention of other people.

she rolled her eyes, though ricky couldn't see, and kept walking.

"nini!"

"can you please stop calling me that?" she grunted, still not turning to face him.

"sorry," he said quietly, "can- can i talk to you?"

"no richard, i don't wanna hear what you have to say."

he stayed quiet for a moment, noticing how she stopped in front of the elevator, waiting for it to come to their floor.

"you don't have to call me richard, you know? i'm cool with ricky."

"i prefer to keep things professional. ricky is more of a friend name; not sure we'll be getting to that level before i leave."

"you're not leaving for a couple months though, right?"

"end of this month."

"that soon?" he asked defeatedly.

"there's not much for me to do here. we just have to finalize a few things and you can start recording while i'm in la."

"oh."

she let out a groan, and pushed the button for the elevator continuously. "why is this stupid thing taking so long?" she mumbled.

"nina?"

"what, richard?"

"can i at least explain my side?" his voice full of hope.

"i think you've explained pretty much everything- you don't care about me. it's pretty clear, and frankly, i don't care. not like we're going to be seeing any more of each other by the end of this."