34

"here goes nothing," nina mumbled to herself before she picked up her phone and dialed her moms number

"here goes nothing," nina mumbled to herself before she picked up her phone and dialed her moms number. a couple rings went by, making her more anxious by the second.

"hello?" a voice answered from the other end.

"hi mama d! it's nina," she smiled through the phone. "is mama c there with you?"

"hi hon! yes, she's sitting right here next to me."

"hi sweetie, how are you?" carol asked.

"i'm good, i'm good, i just have a few things i want to talk to you guys about," the brunette informed them.

"that doesn't sound too pleasant," dana replied.

"um, it certainly is for me," she grinned widely feeling her heart skip a beat. "not too sure about you guys though."

she took the silence from the other end of the line as a sign to just let out what she wanted to say. she cleared her throat a bit and sat up straighter; it always made her look more confident, maybe it'll make her feel it too.

"so basically..." she started, "um... ricky and i have been hanging out a lot more because we had to work on our duet for his album but we haven't really thought of anything so we've been doing other stuff instead like making dinner and watching movies but yesterday we went out with friends and he took me home and we kissed," she ranted all in one breath.

"kissed?" dana questioned with a light airy voice.

"yes," she answered quickly and short. "and i don't know what's going to happen or if anything will happen, but i sort of like him now," her concerned tone turned light and sweet.

"ni-"

"you can't stop me from doing anything, we've talked about this, and if you're concerned about ej, i've already talked to him about this and we're good. he knew it was bound to happen... given everything that's happened before."

she was surprised at herself for standing up to her moms the way she did; the way she has been recently. but, she was also proud that she is doing what she wants to do. under her conditions.