33

"we're not gonna get anything done, are we?" ricky asked nina after sitting in his room, playing with their pencils and thinking in silence.

"i got nothing," nina said, dropping her pencil on her notebook and flipping over on her back so she faced the ceiling as she laid on his bed.

ricky let out a breath and pulled his phone out, flipping through snapchat stories of his friends.

"is that kourtney?" she asked as she heard her voice laughing in a video.

"yea, they're all out right now."

"oh cool, where?"

"laser tag."

"laser tag?" she asked in an excited manner as she flipped over and faced him. "can we go."

"we have to write neens."

she let an annoyed sigh and plopped back down on the bed, "you're no fun."

"i'm responsible, it's..."

"it's what?" she furrowed her brows at no response but heard the same video playing over and over. "ricky?" she turned around and sat down at the edge of his bed, looking over his shoulder and at the playing image on his phone, "is that ash?"

"i think so?"

"she's out with kourtney? weren't they like... a thing before?"

"that's what i've heard."

"are they hanging out again?"

"i don't know, i'm trying to see who else is there," he replied, playing back the stories to analyze every detail.

"they're definitely in the same place!"

"how do you know?" he said, still identifying every face.

"ash's private story. she went to laser tag too, but los and red are there."

ricky turned around to look at nina's phone which displayed the video of ashlyn showing the laser tag building while carlos and big red put their vests on.

"gina and seb are with kourtney," he turned his phone around so nina could view the story before turning it back and looking at more stories.

they both showed each other their phones at the same time which showed a selfie they carlos and seb took with everyone in the back.

"they're together," ricky said.

"they're all hanging out without us," nina spoke in an offended tone. "that's so rude. what are we gonna do?"

"we are going to finish writing this song."

"or we could go play laser tag with them!"

"have i told you you're really funny?" he asked sarcastically.

"yes. yes you have."

"we're not going."

"keep telling yourself that," she said as she got up and walked out of the room.

"nina, where are you going?"

"laser tag," she turned back and peaked into the room. "you coming?"

"no."

"suit yourself," she shrugged and kept walking.

"it's not gonna benefit our song," he yelled.

"can't hear you! putting my shoes on," she yelled back. "grabbing my bag!" she started narrating what she was doing, "turning the door knob!"