epilogue

four years later.

nina rested her head on ricky's lap and he ran his fingers through her hair as they sat on a soft, patterned picnic blanket in the under a tree of the field they went to every time they were in salt lake.

however, it was different now. the field was smaller as houses started to be built on the surrounding edges, leaving just the space of the center and few plots of land in between each house.

yet, the center wasn't completely free, the city had decided to make a small play structure out of wood to make it more homey and kid friendly. there were a couple kids and their parents, who were watching them, run around as they went from the slide, to the small treehouse, to the monkey bars.

"hey, love?" nina grabbed her husband's attention, looking away from the book he was reading.

"yes?" he looked down at her continuing to stroke her hair.

"do you think we'll ever settle down?" she questioned.

"what do you mean? we have settled."

"no, i know, but we have a house in salt lake and a house in la, don't you think it's tiring going back in forth every couple months?" she asked.

he thought for a second before answering her question, "it would be ideal to stay in one spot, but what about work?"

"i can manage the salt lake branch of salrob music," she told him, "and you can work in the building here. we don't necessarily have to keep travelling for your music."

"you want to stay in salt lake?"

"why not?" she smiled, "almost everyone is here."

"really?" he smiled a cheeky smile, trying to see if she was joking.

"yes," she laughed. "i couldn't imagine a future elsewhere."

"and if i have to go on another tour?"

"then we'll go together, but that only lasts a few months." she pointed out, sitting up and facing him, "come on, think about it. after your tour, we'll get to come home and we won't have to worry about leaving again so soon."

"are you sure that's what you want? what if you want to go back to la?" ricky asked.

"then we'll go back. we'll get an air bnb, stay for a month. we could stay with my moms or ej," she said. "but i want to live here." she stared him dead in the eyes, trying to get any response.

ricky saw her convincing expression. she had that look that she would mask on during presentations when she tried convincing her clients into signing with her.

before he could answer her, he heard a small screech, scream like sound coming from a little kid.

"mommy! they're here," she yelled, running towards her parents. "i saw the baby!" she said, sitting in her dad's lap.

"you did?" the dad replied with a gasp.

"yea! it was sleeping," she dragged the word.

"and you, missy? when are you going to sleep? it's almost time for your nap," he said in a feign angered tone.

"mommy said i can skip my nap today cause we're seeing everyone," she said matter of factly.

the dad looked up to his wife sitting in front of him, with his mouth slightly open in disbelief and shock.

"nini, did you tell alex that she could skip her nap?" he raised his eyebrows.

"no," she replied, obviously lying.