04

the car ride to the airport was filled with a comfortable silence between nina and ej, while a soft melody played in the background.

nina's moms insisted on taking her to the airport but she denied their offer with the mindset that they were just going to be repeatedly asking her who the client she was working with was, and to keep updating them practically every minute of every day.

she didn't know who she was working with, hence why she got stressed when her moms kept asking. usually, she meets the client during the first meeting, and was given the name that day.

so, after practically begging her moms not to take her to the airport, they settled on ej driving her. he was nina's first choice, almost by default just because he was the one always taking her.

once they reached the airport, nina got out of the car and ej helped her take the suitcases out of the trunk.

"two weeks?" he asked with a hopeful tone to his voice.

"two weeks," she confirmed with a smile.

the two went in for a tight hug, closing their eyes and taking in the warm embrace. he rubbed her back softly before pulling away.

"be safe, okay?" he said with a worrisome voice.

"always," she smiled.

"ash is gonna pick you up on the other side. you know what she looks like, right?"

"of course i do, i've seen her in a ton of pictures," she smiled.

"right... pictures."

"mhm, well, i should go, can't let my flight leave me behind," she chuckled.

"okay, i love you."

"i love you more."

they gave each other a small smile and kiss before nina raised the luggage handle and walked into the airport. she didn't see but ej was watching her with furrowed brows, and a worrisome look, and when she got away from his view, he ran his fingers through his hair before getting back into the car and driving away.

 she didn't see but ej was watching her with furrowed brows, and a worrisome look, and when she got away from his view, he ran his fingers through his hair before getting back into the car and driving away