31

one week later:

"i'm here!" nina exclaimed in a sing song voice as she opened the door wide and walked into the bowen house

"i'm here!" nina exclaimed in a sing song voice as she opened the door wide and walked into the bowen house. "ricky! help me please."

ricky walked into the foyer to see her struggling to close the door and bags in her hands. he walked up to the door and closed it for her before grabbing the bags out of her hands and walking into the kitchen to set it down on the island.

"what's all this?" he asked.

"we, mr bowen, are not going to songwrite today."

"neens, we're already so behind."

"yes. that is very correct. however, we always get stuck cause we don't flow the way we used to," she told him. "so, we are going to make dinner-" she started taking items out of the paper grocery bags and set them on the table "-and talk about some stuff, maybe some more stories, and just vibe. what do you say?"

"i mean... we don't really have that much time left to write the song."

"but it's like 5pm and i haven't eaten all day."

"well why did you hold off coming over until 5pm?"

"because i went to the grocery store... duh!"

"okay... and why have you not eaten all day?"

"wasn't hungry."

"you know you need to eat, right?"

"i'll eat if you agree to make dinner with me."

he looked at her cheesy smile and down at the grocery bags filled with food in front of them. with a sigh, he agreed and she cheered as they pulled the food out and started cooking.

"you know what else we should do?" nina asked as ricky stirred something in the pot on the stove top.

"write the song?" he answered enthusiastically, not looking back at her.

"you're funny!" she laughed lightly, "we should watch endgame! we never did complete the series."

he looked towards her with a face in disbelief.

"what?" she smiled.

"yea, sure," he breathed out.

"really?"

he nodded and turned back to what he was cooking while nina did the same and let out a small smile of relief.

-

"mr stark. hey, mr stark. can you hear me? it's peter."

"his voice," nina mumbled.

"hm?"

"the shakiness, it's so..."

"so what?"

he didn't hear a reply but felt her shoulder, that was almost glued to his side, raise as if she was shrugging, and he heard her sniffle.