Chapter 20

"So how are we going to get into the compound?" Lucas asked. We had landed in Chicago around 5:00am because someone ran late (Lucas). It was 5:46am and we were gathered around the round table in one of Lucas' homes here in Chicago. This was a city I never really cared for. We were planning on sneaking into a building that was discovered to be where my nightmare might be hiding. But there was a problem, there were over 60 men guarding the whole compound. This was a death wish.

"I might have an idea." I said. They both turned their attention to me. I pitched my idea and....

"Damn girl! Small sis still got it." Lucas said with a high five.

"She never lost it." Ron said with a small laugh.

"So when do we strike?"

"When the iron is hot. Trust me, I know the PERFECT person for this. But first, can we get a slice of cheesecake and sardines alongside pumpkin juice." This was a really crazy craving but oh well...

"A what with a what?" Lucas asked amused.

"Ignore him, I'll go get it."

"Thanks Ron. "I said yelled after him. Lucas and I just sat there talking and catching up. He was really doing well, he had a daughter with an ex (wow,a child I didn't know about!) And basically, he was doing well.

"So, tell me about Mr. Toliver." Lucas asked. He sounded legitimately interested.

"Well, Drew is an agriculturist and a soil scientist. He is from a wealthy family, both parents are Harvard Alumni and he went to Yale. He is 25, his birthday is on the 24th of December. He absolutely loves basketball and never misses an NBA finals. He is a great chef and that's basically it. "

"Wow, well done sis. You did good. I think you forgot the part that his mother is a supreme court judge." Damn it! Not again.

"Lucas!!!! If I hear that anything happened to him I'll kill you."

"Calm down sis. She was on TV a few days ago and you and Mr. Toliver came up."

"Why do you call him "Mr. Toliver " though?"

"Because I don't know him. When do you plan on introducing me to him?"

"Yeah, when I'm sure that you won't kill him or make him disappear like Kelvin and Michael or Liam or Adam..."

"Yeah I get the point."

"But, I'll tell him about you as soon as he gets back."

"There's no rush. Take your time. " We talked for a while and then Ron got back. Now, we waited for Leslie to land in Chicago because she was a big part of the plan and then we made our way to the compound. We parked a few blocks away. Leslie was going to seduce one of the guards so Lucas would kill him and steal his uniform and then kill as many guards as he could to make way for Ron and I. Everything was going perfect so far. As soon as Leslie got Lucas the opening he needed, I had her on the next available flight back to New York. Lucas did as planned and got Ron and I into the compound. It was filled with guards, luckily it was getting darker.

We used the back tunnels to get into the main house. Now for a so called crime boss, he sure is stupid for leaving the tunnels unguarded and open. We found ourselves in his home office but it was empty. We slightly opened the door to check if the halls were enpty, they definitely weren't. A meeting was definitely going on. There were hundreds of guards in that house and we needed to get out of there. Lucas and Ron were going through his documents looking for something , anything. I was keeping watch when a waiter passed by and spotted me. I gave the waiter the "don't you dare do it" stare but unfortunately, he turned and screamed "intruder in the office." As soon as he did, I quickly shut the door and locked it .

"Guys we need to leave!!!" I yelled at Ron and Lucas . Guards were already banging on the door and I was trying to stay calm but I couldn't.

"Just a second!!" Lucas yelled back.

"What are you even looking for?!" Ron asked.

"I'm transferring everything from the computer to the flash drive...... just.... a..... second......... and........done. Let's go!" He said after what felt like forever. It would be dumb going out through the tunnel but it was our only option. We all had guns and so Ron went first, I followed behind him and Lucas behind me. We could see the end of the tunnel but then I heard the gunshots. We couldn't really go back and Ron was REALLY in deep shit here. We turned a corner in the tunnel to buy us more time. We came out right next to our car. But then 2 guards came out of nowhere. Ron kept me behind him trying his best to protect me. Lucas was trying to shoot at one of the guys but he was also trying to protect me so he temporally lost his footing. I saw a third guy appear out of nowhere and he was aiming at Ron. As soon as he shot, I pushed Ron aside and I suddenly felt this sharp pain in my stomach. I remember falling but then Lucas catching me and safely pulling me in his arms. I heard one of the guys shouting "she's injured, boss is gonna kill us. " and then I could hear Lucas shouting "Liv stay with us, please stay with us. " . All I could say was "my baby, help the baby. " I was crying at this point. I was bleeding and slowly fading but I didn't care, I just needed my baby to be safe.

"Ron where the hell are they??!!!!" Lucas yelled at Ron.

"They'll be here soon. Just hang on Liv, they'll be here soon." Ron said and that's all I remember.