Chapter 19

"Ron,you can't blame me for wanting to settle down. I don't plan on ending the whole business, I just need to calm down." I said to Ron . We've been in my office arguing about this whole baby thing.

"Liv, you love the thrill of it and you want to give it all up for a child??!!"

"Ron..." he walked towards me and put his hands around my waist pulling me to him. Our faces were just a few centimetres apart. I just couldn't be in this position again.

"Ron let's not...."

"Shhh... just enjoy it." He said as he leaned in  but then boom. Leslie walked in. Ron pulled away and smiled then walked out of the office. I turned my back to Leslie, gathered myself, put on the biggest fake smile and turned to her.

"Hey." I casually said.

"WHAT THE F**K. Liv, I thought you guys were done." Leslie said as we sat on the sofa by the fireplace.

"We were... we are. It's just..."

"It's just that you love him?"

"No, I LOVE Drew. Ron and I just have tension."

"Sexual tension?"

"I don't know. I want to be with Drew but something about Ron just keeps taking me back to when I was 17."

"Oooooh, those were the good days. "

"Yeah. "

"But who would've thought that "forever single, live life to the fullest Olivia" would be getting married and also be pregnant at 23! That's crazy. How does it feel?"

"Crazy."I said with a laugh. "Unbelievable, ridiculous and exciting. I never planned for a family but when I met Drew, it didn't seem impossible anymore. I realised that I will always be a career woman , but with Drew, I realised that I'll also be happy with the wife tag. The only problem is the mom thing. As much as I try to love this baby, I just don't feel anything. "

"I understand. I haven't seen my son for almost 3 years now and I don't even care. It worries me everyday that I don't even want to see him. We talk everyday but..."

"You should see him. It's almost Christmas,go to London and pay him a visit. He'll be happy to see you."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely. You're all he has now. After you married his father, you took him in, you literally adopted a 16 year old. After the divorce, you were still there for him. He's a teenager which means he needs you and he loves you like you're his actual mom."

" Thanks. So, tell me something, between Ron and Drew who is absolutely better in that room?"

"Well....." I said with an awkward smile. That is a question I still can't answer.

"Liv!!!!" Leslie yelled excitedly.

"I don't know. They are both AMAZING! They both take me to another universe in seconds."

"Aren't you lucky?!!! You have two HOT! men after your fine ass. You know, I always called you the white Amber Rose. You have her hips and her good vibes. You are basically a natural Kim K."

"Thanks" I said laughing. "Well, I'm natural but if you want to have the ass and hips, you could always visit Dr.90210 ." I said laughing.  Leslie is such a beautiful person. We have been friends for 5 years. She is a fashion designer and she has a stepson. She adopted him when she was 21. Now he's 16 and she still hasn't seen him or her grandmother.

"Hahaha. So where's Mr. Toliver?"

"India, then London and finally Denmark. He has a few more weeks on the trip." Drew has been gone for almost a month now and I'm going crazy being alone for so long. Luckily, the pregnancy has been easy. I visit my doctor every week and I talk to Drew everyday. In a week, we're going to find out the sex of our baby. I'm freaking out.

"How about a little girls trip? Let's visit Rome or Africa or Norway, we can go anywhere you want. "

"Ooh that seems fun, but I'm fully booked. I have a business trip with Ron to Chicago tomorrow. "

"Again? You're always away, you're pregnant, calm the hell down. I don't even get to spend time with you."

"You sound like a baby. Besides, you're only free because it isn't fashion week yet. Don't worry, I'll be fine. And you can keep busy by planning my gender reveal party!"

"Now that's a plan. When will you be back?"

"I should be back by Thursday. Don't miss me too much ok?"

"I'll try." She said as she hugged me. She was basically a sister at this point.

After she left, Ron came back to the office. He sat right next to me on the sofa.

"So, what will you be up to while I'm away on business in Chicago?"

"Ron, we're going to Chicago together."

"You're pregnant. I can't risk it. Lucas and I will take care of it."

"I'm going Ron. And Lucas, shouldn't even be going on this trip. "

"Liv...."

"I'm going to Chicago Ron. Try your best to stop me."

"Fine. We leave by 3:00am tomorrow morning."

"Perfect. "

"Perfect. Pack well, its cold up there. " He said before leaving me alone in the office. I understand why he's worried but I'll be fine. I tried to finish up some documents, then I walked across the street to Drew's office to get some documents and I went home. Unfortunately, Lucas was waiting outside for me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we walked into the apartment.

"I don't love the fact that I heard about the pregnancy of my only living relative via an interview. " He said looking sternly at me. I had to break the stare by turning to pour him a glass of vodka. He looked at me for a while and then collected the glass.

"Look, I'm sorry bro. I just didn't think you'd be interested. " I said as I sat down. Lucas followed behind me and sat down too.

"Wow! When will you understand that you're the only person I have left?! Olivia, I care about you and everything that matters to you but you need to understand how I show love. Where's the baby daddy by the way?"

"Well, Drew's away on business right now, but he should be back in a few weeks ."

"So, I hear we're crashing Chicago tomorrow?"

"Yep. It's going to be your first time seeing your little sis in action!"

"We're benching you cause you're prego. "

"But it's MY deal!"

"And it was also YOUR choice to get pregnant and keep it. "

"I'm going to Chicago and I'm going to be fully active, besides, I need the extra exercise."

"Fine. By the way, I'm staying over."

"I never invited you!"

"So try to stop me."

"I will." I didn't. It was fun having to see this side of Lucas again. The fun big bro who just loved me soo much but for some reason, I believed that this would be short lived.