Chapter 61

"Want to tell me what happened last night?" I asked as I handed Drew a cup of coffee and an aspirin. We were seated in the kitchen and I was working on my computer until he got up.

"We went out, had a few drinks and came home."

"Seems like you had more than a few. You were so drunk you couldn't even get to the bed. Andrew I thought we talked about this."

"Babe, you're over thinking this. We all drink at times."

"Andrew...you know how you get when you drink too much. We're trying to avoid historical repetition. "

"I know. And I'm sorry if I scared you last night , I just lost control for one night." He got up and walked to my side. He took my hands in his and looked me dead in the eyes. "I'm not going to let that unfortunate evening happen again. I almost lost you that night and that's the last thing I want. So I'll be more careful."

"Ok. What's the plan for today?"

"Well, we have breakfast with my mom and my grandmother in about an hour. Then we have three hours to ourselves. At 12 noon, we have to go over the dinner placements and at 2pm we have the dress fittings. We have the video call with Eliza at 5pm and then dinner starts at 6pm and we should be done by 8pm."

"Well, at least it's all over tonight huh? What time are we leaving tomorrow?"

"Actually, mom was thinking that we should stay for a few more days."

"Andrew." I said as I pulled my hands away and carried my laptop and started walking towards the living room.

"Babe come on, we need this. Just us away from all the drama back home. I need this time with you."

"But it's not time away with me. It's time with your mom and we are too busy for that. We need to get back home and deal with our problems so we can clear things up once and for all. "

"Maybe I'm not ready to go back and deal with our problems. Maybe I just want to spend time with you and forget about your boyfriend and my supposed baby mama."

"That's not fair." I said as I set my laptop on a  nearby coffee table.

"I know, but it's just a few more days. I know you have a lot to do but just spare me two more days."

"Andrew, we just started walking things out again. Let's go back home and sort this out before we spiral down again. I won't be able to reason things out while I'm surrounded by half of your entire family and strangers who I don't care about."

"Fine. We'll go back tomorrow."

"Thank you. "

"But that will be after lunch with my grandmother. "

"Fine. But we need to actually get ready for breakfast with your mom and grandmother."

"Sure we can't cancel?" He said grumpily.

"We could...but then your mom would assume that I'm the reason and there would be an issue. We don't want that."

"Fine. Let's go."

After getting dressed, we walked all the way to the rose garden for breakfast with Drew's mom and grandmother.