Chapter 77

We arrived at the event in no time. We dropped from the car and were instantly rushed by the press. Drew put his hands on my lower back and led me to the red carpet where we posed together as a happy couple for the cameras. You know that the best pose is the Kardashian- Jenner pose. There's no smile just fierceness and that...that sends a powerful message to the people who will see it. We met other celebrities, actors and actresses, musicians, reality stars and many more at the red carpet before we headed into the hall. The best part about these things is the Champagne and the worst part is the conversation you have to indulge in with people you don't care about. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

"Andrew! Olivia! You guys look fantastic. You basically stole the show as soon as you walked in. I'm delighted to see you both! How is the whole child bearing going? It's been a year right?" Meet Veronica Stevens, heiress to this soda company that no one cares about. She's worth $20 million yet she feels she can just talk to me. I could buy her over a hundred times and still be a filthy rich person. She's just bitter because I out bid her for a very expensive DaVinci art piece..five years ago!

"Thank you. It's always exciting to see how much we're valued in the world. And oh! That dress! It's beautiful but I think your designer missed a stitch. And as for the child bearing, it's going really well but you know, due to how busy Andrew and I are, we don't exactly have the time to start the whole family thing right now. It's basically just sex for fun now." I said leaning into his chest. She was boiling and I loved it. She always had this thing for Drew and I think the fact that we got married contributed to her hatred for me.

"Always a pleasure seeing you Andrew. Olivia." She said and then she just left.

"That was interesting. " Andrew said sipping his champagne with this sinister smile. We spoke with various people until we finally got to our hosts.

"Alice! Daniel! It's a pleasure. " I said as the four of us did the kisses and hand shakes.

"Olivia and Andrew. If this isn't America's favourite couple. Seriously, you guys are loved more than the First family as a whole." Alice has always been a major friend to my mother and it feels good having someone so close to her so involved in my life.

"Thank you Alice. I must say , you haven't aged a day."

"It's the genes baby girl. You both look exquisite. "

"Thank you."

"Well, we'll leave you ladies to it. Andrew and I have a little business to discuss ."  So Daniel and Drew walked away and I was left with Alice.

"So Olivia, where's Ron? I sent him an invite but he's not here yet."

"Yeah, I haven't heard from him too."

"Oh, I hope he gets here soon though, he's giving the closing speech. " What?!

I'm trying to not panick right now. "Um..I'm sure he would be here soon but what's the plan just in case he doesn't show up?"

"Well, I would have to do it myself but due to my recent surgery, I doubt I can stand for that long."

I can't let her do this and since I know Ron isn't going to show up, I have to take the reins here. "Let me. It's the least I could do. "

"No , I couldn't possibly ask that of you."

" I insist and that's if Ron doesn't show up."

"Ok. Thank you Olivia. I'll have to go mingle with the other guests so I don't seem partial."

"Of course. " I said smiling as we took a picture and then she left. I stood there sipping my champagne all alone until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and oh God! "Jake." I said faking a smile. Where's Drew?