Chapter 42

Having Fitz mad at me, Drew distant, Lucas AWOL, Taylor mourning her grandson, I really had a lot on my mind. Jace's funeral was just a few weeks ago, right after Leslie's, I couldn't wrap my head around both deaths until the funeral. After the funeral, Drew became really really distant. He doesn't talk to me when he's home, other days, he doesn't even come home at all. I'm worried about him but what can I say, he's terrified that he's lost everything. I should be mad at him for thinking that he's lost everything, but I understand. I just have to prove to him that I'm still here. On a lighter note, we found Rania Black. She gave me a very very fulfilling tale about my father, but none can connect me to it. But that's fine, cause I just got the needed leverage. Blake said he wanted to meet at my mom's house and... I agreed. I haven't been there since that night. I was currently standing in what used to be her room. Everything was covered under a white sheet.

"If I could remember the best time I had with your mother, it would have to be the last trip we took before I died." He said as he walked into the room.

"You mean before ypu pretended to die?"

"Potato Potahto, you said you wanted to bargain?"

"You'll leave me and my new family alone...or..."

"Or???"

"I kill Rania and send her body parts to you."

"That's not a good deal. Besides, you wouldn't hurt Rania."

"I wouldn't bet on that if I were you."

"Go ahead."

"What?"

"Kill her. I actually thought my father had done the job a long time ago. How's he by the way?"

"Grandpa's fine . Why would you want me to kill her?"

"I know you can't. "

"Ok." I picked up my phone and called Ross , who was with Rania. You could hear her begging Blake not to let me kill her, but he still called my bluff. "Shoot her. Then send her heart and other vitals to Blake's house." And just like that, a single bullet ended Rania. I could see how angry Blake became and it gave me joy! I really didn't want to kill her.

"How do I know that that's Rania?"

"Go home Blake. I'm sure you'd be surprised to see her head at the gate."

"Who raised you ?!"

"You did, father. Call your plans enough, this is now officially blood.... for blood. You wanted a simple war, you got a blood war. Let's just hope your blood doesn't get spilled in the process." I turned to leave but he called out.

"Look around you Olivia! No matter how many of my men you kill, it'd never fill the hole that I put in your heart. So you want a war, that's fine. Know this, if you come for me, you'll only get one shot."

"And I won't miss."

Driving away from the house somehow gave me an idea. This idea could either save my life and everyone else's or it could ruin it. Firstly, I need to change.

After I changed , I stopped by Drew's office. He was seated at his desk, sleeves folded, hair tussled and rough.

"Hey." He said when he raised his head and saw me. He just looked at me and went back to what he was doing.

"Hey? No babe,or love or even Olivia? I haven't seen you in two days Andrew?"

"I've been busy."

"No, you've been cold and distant."

"Olivia, I'm really busy. Can we do this later?"

"When? You hardly ever come home these days and when you do, you just go straight to bed, in the guestroom. You don't even talk to me when you're home. We're literally housemates at this point. At least housemates talk to each other."

"Olivia..."

"What I can't understand is why you're treating me like I'm the reason why Jace died! I am hurting just as much as you are! My best friend died just a few hours before he did! I was the one who got wrongfully arrested for four murders, not you! " I went on ranting and ranting but he had nothing to say.

"Olivia..."

"You're treating me like I'm not here for you, but I am!......"

"Olivia!!! Shut up and sit down! For God's sake!" Woah! That took me by surprise. I didn't say anything, I just pulled a seat and sat down . "Olivia, I'm sorry if I've made you feel... all these things. I just don't know how to deal with all this. I tried to be there for you, I really did, but I couldn't. I'm sorry Olivia. I blame myself for everything babe, I blame myself for not being there to protect Jace or Leslie or your mom and aunt and I tried to blame you instead. Please don't leave me. "

"You can't blame yourself babe. They caught the guys who killed him, you couldn't have done anything differently. What matters is that while Jace was alive, you gave him the best of everything, and I'm sure he'll always remember that. Besides, I wouldn't ever leave you." I got up and went to his side.I pulled him up and gave him a hug. Marriage is a literal rollercoaster, but when you get to the end, you'll look back at all the scary moments and laugh.

"You know Olivia, I've done a lot of things that people would consider as accomplishments, but to me, you're my biggest accomplishment. How on earth did I get so lucky?"

"I still don't know. "

"So why aren't you at work?"

"I have an urgent trip to the White House. I wanted to stop by and let you know."

"But I want us to spend the night together."

"I understand and I'll be back in a two weeks, then we can spend all our nights together."

"Two whole weeks?! That's too long."

"You've been away for months at a time. It's just two weeks love."

"Fine. When are you leaving?"

"In about 30 mins. "

"Well, why don't we go for lunch before your flight?"

"Sounds perfect."

The lunch was delightful but now, I'm on my way to the White House cause I have to discuss something with Fitz. I was on my way to the Oval office when I unfortunately ran into Layla.

"Madame First Lady, always a delight seeing you. " I said as we did the usual two sided cheek kiss.

"Well, Olivia Grant, I didn't think I'd ever see you here again."

"Actually it's Olivia Grant-Toliver now. I'm sure you heard that I got married. And I don't remember making such a promise. "

"Congratulations. I was devastated to hear about your son, I wanted to make the trip with my husband but I was caught in a meeting."

"Thank you. Speaking of which, is he in?"

"Actually no. He's on a hunting trip with party officials."

"Where?"

"At his cabin, I'm sure you know all about it." And there she is. I don't even have the time for this.

"Thanks Layla. "

"You know he hasn't been the same since he left New York. "

"I wouldn't know anything about that."

"You're happily married, why can't you let me be happy in my marriage?"

"Layla, the sooner you realise that I'm not the problem in your marriage, the sooner you'll find the actual problem and get a fast solution." I turned and I walked away. Layla is a really lovely and kind woman, she just gets a little crazy when it comes to her husband.

Driving to the Presidential cabin was one of the most stressful trips I've ever taken. I honestly hope this plan works cause I'm putting my all into it.