Chapter 10

Drew's POV
After Olivia slapped me, I snapped back to reality. I just hurt her, I just hurt the woman I love. I don't know what came over me but I don't care, Olivia didn't deserve any of this. It's bad enough that I invited my mom without telling her and to worsen issues, I put my hands on her. I could hear my phone ringing and after a few missed calls, I finally answered.

"Gloria, what is it?" I asked angrily.

"Well the results are out "

"And?"

"She's three weeks pregnant." What?!!

"Ok thanks. " I didn't even wait for her to finish before i ended the call. I quickly ran upstairs but she wasn't there. I noticed that some of her clothes were missing and so was her passport. I ran downstairs to see if she was still there but she wasn't.

"Olivia!!!" I yelled as I checked the guest rooms.

"She just left." My mom said from the living room.

"Where did she go??!!!" I yelled as I ran to the living room.

"I don't know. I taught you a lot of things but I'm sure I never taught you to put your hands on a lady!" Mom yelled as she slapped me.

"I'm sorry." I said weakly.

"Find Olivia ... and fast. I may not like her with you but I care about her as a person. It's not safe for a lady by 12:46 in New York. " Mom said as she walked into her room and she slammed the door. I just stood there,in shock, what if she never comes back? What if I hurt my baby?

*****************************************
Olivia's POV.
I decided to settle into my temporary living space after a few hours of sulking. I finally finished, made a light snack and then went to bed. A few hours later,I heard something that sounded like broken glass. I knew that I was the only person here and Ron would never be here so early, so I cautiously got up from the bed, grabbed my gun and tiptoed the living room. I pointed my gun at the figure , who I think was wearing black. I couldn't really see because the room was dimly lit.

'I don't know who you are or what you're doing in my house , but if you value your life, get out!" I yelled as I fired a warning shot at a nearby vase. Now, my gun always had a silencer attached so no one heard the gun shot.

"Please don't shoot me. My name is Mark, I'm the cleaner . I didn't know anyone was here." He said honestly. I brought the gun down and turned on the lights. There he was, in uniform,holding a mop and a bucket. He looked old, maybe 57 or 58 but definitely not younger.

"I won't, I'm sooo sorry Sir. I didn't know that the cleaner comes so early in the morning. " I said as I motioned him to the kitchen. I offered him a seat and some water.

"And I didn't know that the owner would be here. I would've done the same thing."

"Again, so sorry." I said as I poured him some orange juice. I was lucky that Chloe, my grocery shopper was able to stock the house up under such short notice. I literally told her what to buy before I went to bed and they were already here. All I had to do , was arrange them.

"So Mark, how long have you been a cleaner?" I asked trying to make small talk.

"Well, I've been a cleaner for 32 years but I just started working here." He said with a smile. I felt bad for him. He had basically done this all his life.

"May I ask why?"

"Well, after my wife died, I was left with a son. I had to provide but due to an accident, I had to quit my job. Since then, I've done this to make ends meet." That's really sad.