Chapter 19: Lies

It was the day that the boy's had their last day of summer and tomorrow they will be  in school at Bridgeport and you thought that you would celebrate with them at Wilt's.
"It will be fun boys." You said.
"You're just lucky that you don't have school." Joe said.
"I am quite lucky for that." You said with a laugh.
"Wilt the BTS brownie." Chet said.
"Coming up." He said.
"What's that?" You asked.
"It's a huge back to school brownie with ice cream on it." Phil said excited.
"Ooo count me in." You said and grabbed a seat with the teens. 
"I can't believe the guy got smoked by a car. Give me details." Phil said.
"It was sickening." You said.
"One second he had Frank and then F/N smashed a garbage can into him and then we ran and then a car hit him." Joe said. 
"Did you see who was driving?" Cassie asked.
"Yeah some girl named Stacy Baker." Frank said.
"So he's really gone." Chet said.
"He's gone." You said.
"I can't believe you saw a dead body." Phil said with  envy dripping in his voice. 

"Someone change the subject." You sighed.
"As of tomorrow we will all be stuck in school besides F/N." Biff said.
"Depressing for you happy for me." You smirked.
"Rub it in." They all said with an eye roll and then Wilt brought out the back to school special.
"That looks amazing." You said and everyone started to dig in.   After it was done you were full and so was Joe. You both walked home and he kept complaining about his stomach.
"Too much ice cream." Joe complained.
"We're at Trudy's now so go rest." You said. He walked up the stairs and then laid down on his bed. You looked inside his room and noticed it was a mess.
"Why is your room so messy?" You asked.
"Aunt Trudy were you in my room?!" Joe asked.
"Me? No that room is a mess I wouldn't dare. You should clean it!" She yelled.
"What is going on?" Joe asked.
You looked around and wondered. "Was JB in here?" You thought. 
"No he couldn't have been." You thought. 

It was night and you were going to see Joe since he has been unusually quiet.
"Are you ready for your first day at school tomorrow?" You asked and then you noticed the tears on his face.
"Hey it's not going to be that bad." You reassured. 
Frank then walked in and his eyes went wide. "What happened in here?"
"Good question." Joe said.
"This is messy even for you." Frank commented.
"I didn't do it someone tore up my room." Joe said. "And it wasn't Trudy?"
"Did they take anything?" Frank asked.
"No they didn't find what they were looking for." Joe said. 
"Who would have done this?" Frank asked.
"What if someone is still looking for the artifact?" Joe asked.
You felt a pit in your stomach and you felt sick yet again.
"Are you okay?" Frank asked.
"Do you know something?" Joe asked.
"No no why would I?" You lied.
"If you're keeping things from us eventually we'll find out. We won't get mad." Frank said.
"Don't you trust us F/N?" Joe asked.
You looked at them softly. "Of course I do. If I find out anything I'll let you know."
You then went up to the attic and locked the door. When you turned around you saw JB sitting on your bed.
"Fancy seeing you here." He said.
"It is my room. What are you doing here?" You asked.
"Just wanted to say hi." JB said.
"Were you in Joe's room?" You whispered.
"Yes I was looking for the piece." JB admitted.
"I knew it." You said. 
"Don't tell him." JB said.
"I hate lying to them. It's hard too."
"I get that but come on who knows what they'll do." JB said.
"I won't tell them yet." You sighed.
"Thank you beautiful." He said and kissed your cheek. 
"Hey you could come to my hotel room instead and we could talk normally." JB suggested.
"As much as I would love to if Trudy sees me gone she will freak." You said.
"I understand. Well until next time beautiful." JB smirked and gave you a kiss and then snuck away.
You laid on the bed wondering about how you would continue to lie to your cousins and not feel guilty.