Chapter 7: Criminal

It was the next day and you had to leave the note for JB well more like Biff and Joe but you were tagging along.
"F/N are you coming to deliver the note?" Joe asked.
"Yeah I am." You said.
"And why's that are you in love with him?" Joe teased.
"Absolutely not it's just I want to know who he is." You said.
"Hmm sure." Joe said. "I made a copy of the note just to see if there's any importance to it."
"Smart move." You complimented.
"Come on let's meet with Biff." Joe said.
You went to the park and you saw Biff.
"We make the drop and enjoy our payday." Biff said.
"Are you going to drop it off Joe or do you want me to do it?" You asked.
"I got it." He said and delivered the drop off.
"Okay we can go." Biff said.

"No I want to see who picks it up." Joe said.
"Okay meet you at Wilt's this is not how I'm spending my afternoon." Biff said.
You and Joe were watching and waiting patiently and then you saw Chief Collig take the note.
You and Joe were both confused but snuck away making sure no one suspected anything.
"We need to go to the campsite." You said worried.
"Right." Joe said and you two raced to the campsite.
When you got there he wasn't there. Only a parachute.
"Do you think he's the guy who jumped from the parachute?" Joe asked.
"He can't be." You said in disbelief. "I don't believe it. We have to find him."
"Let's go to Aunt Trudy's first." Joe said.

You and Joe rushed back home hoping that Trudy wouldn't be suspicious. When you got through the door Frank also came home.
"Where were you two?" Frank whispered.
"Where were you?" You whispered back.
"Did you guys just get home?" He asked.
"Yep." You said. Then slowly and quietly went up the stairs.
"F/N I want to show you a comic come on." Joe said and you went into his room and he closed the door.
You turned and saw JB in his room.
"Oh you're home." He said.
"Shh shhh shh. My Aunt Trudy is downstairs. What are you doing?" Joe asked.
"I needed to get off the beach. What happened with the drop?" He asked.
"We did do the drop but the chief picked up the note." You informed.
"What!" He yelled.

"Be quiet." You said.
"We did exactly what you said." Joe said.
"You sort of did what I said." JB said.
"Eighty bucks." Joe said.
He handed him eighty bucks. "You better split this with your friend don't be greedy."
"At least you're a man of your word." You said.
"Went back to your campsite. Good job on using a parachute for a tent." Joe said.
"What can I say." JB said.
"You're the guy that jumped out of that plane." Joe said. "You're a fugitive."

"Guilty. You're a smart kid and also an accomplice. Just in case you think about turning me in." JB said.
"Wait really?" You asked confused and he nodded. "What did you steal?"
"The less you guys know the better." JB said.
"Oh F/N take this." JB said and handed you a note.
He looked at Joe "You did good." Then he left from the window.
"What's that note?" Joe asked.
"It doesn't matter." You said and put it away in your pocket.

It was eventually time for dinner and Trudy was giving a talk about how she needs to know where we are.
"Where were you?" She asked.
"I went to that hotel because I like historical buildings." Frank said.
"Joe and I were at the beach. I needed some fresh air and I love the beach." You said.
"I never thought I'd be a beach guy but there's still some summer left." Joe said.
"Seriously you three are going to keep lying to me?" She asked.
"We're not lying." We all said.
"Okay I'm in charge while Fenton is away do you understand? Be easy on me okay." Trudy said.
"Okay." Frank said.
"Okay." You said.
"I'll let you know when I'm tanning." Joe joked.

After dinner you went to your room and you looked at the note. You read the note and it said to meet at the carnival and it gave a date and a time.
"Do I do it?" You thought.
"What's the worse that could happen." You sighed.