Chapter 15: Hiding in Plain Sight

It was the morning and you were hanging out with Frank after he finished playing basketball with Joe. As well your grandmother was here.
"So you're taking the entrance exam today?" You asked.
"Yeah I am." Frank answered.
"You're going to do great and get in. Just keep your eyes open you never know maybe they have a secret." You stated in a low tone. 
"I'll be fine F/N I promise." Frank smiled. 

"So Frank are you ready for the exam?" Your grandmother asked.
"I am." Frank said.
"Splendid. You know you might enjoy studying there." Your grandmother said. "There are some aspects of the place are quite unconventional.
"Testing is at the school right?" Frank asked.
"No no no they are testing in various cities around the country but I volunteered my house for the Bridgeport session their will be a few other people today including your friend Callie." Your grandmother told him and you saw Frank's face light up.

"Two o clock at my place and don't be late I want you to make a good impression." Your grandmother told him. "F/N if you want to pop in just to meet people you are always welcomed to maybe you could network and find some people to help publish your books. Anyway I have to go goodbye everyone."
"Bye grandma." You, Frank and Joe said.
"Bye Gloria." Trudy said and Frank shut the door as she left.

"Aunt Trudy are you sure it's a good idea?" Frank asked.
"Look even if you get accepted you won't start for another year and then your dad will be back and you can make the decision together." Trudy said.  "Keep an open mind everyone who has went to that school has been a big success."
"What if I don't want to be a big success?" Frank asked. "What if I want my old life back?"
"Frank you already said you would." Trudy said. 
"F/N when we snuck back in we found a piece of cloth like a tear in clothing. Try to see if you and Joe can figure out where it came from I got a shift at Wilt's." Frank said and handed you the piece of fabric.
"How are we going to figure this out?" Joe asked.
"I don't know ask somebody." Frank said with a sigh.
Joe looked at you. "So do you have any ideas?"
"Maybe we could go to a tailor to see what type of material it is and then go from there." You suggested.
"Not the worst idea let's get going." Joe said.
"Trudy me and Joe are going out we'll back soon!" You called.
"Okay have fun!" She called back.
"Let's go." You said putting the piece of fabric in your pocket. 

   Walking into town you and Joe were getting ready to having to find a tailor to begin with.
"What if it's like a basic fabric?" Joe asked.
"We'll deal with that when it comes. But it doesn't feel like it would be a basic fabric." You said.
You then began walking in silence just thinking about everything that has happened so far and how the mystery is still a puzzle. Not noticing that Biff was walking with you two now as well.

"Hello earth to Joe and F/N you guys are staring at that piece of fabric like it's going to talk to you." Biff said walking next to Joe.
"I wish it would it would help." Joe said. "How am I suppose to find out where it came from?"
"I told you by asking a tailor or a seamstress." You said.
"That seems like your best option." Biff said agreeing with your idea.  
"Where can I find a tailor?" Joe asked.
"The best bet would be the only tailor in town. I can take you there." Biff said.
"You could have said that before." Joe said.
"I like seeing you squirm." She smiled.

You and Joe followed Biff to the only  tailor in all of Bridgeport and you three got there rather quickly. It was truly good fortune to have a friend who knew where they were going.  You three walked through the door and you were instantly greeted.
"Welcome young friends how may I help you today? Are you here to pick up something for your parents?" The man asked.
"No I have a question about this piece of fabric." You said holding out the piece to the man. 
"My Aunt Trudy wanted to match it to make a shirt." Joe lied. "We only have a little piece."
The man began inspecting the piece of fabric. "Call me intrigued it's not a lot to work with." He commented.
"It's all we have." Biff said.
"Let's take a closer look." He said and began inspecting it under a microscope. "It's a classic thread and by classic I mean old."
"How old?" Joe asked.
"About ten years or so but whatever clothing it came from it won't show its age." The man said.
"Why?" Biff questioned.
"Tight weave very durable water resistant. Your aunt is going to have a hard time making a shirt from this. This is from an overcoat but not the kind you would buy off the rack." He answered.
"Off the rack?" Joe asked confused.
"He means one you can't buy in stores." You answered.