Chapter 2: On The Way to Bridgeport

It was the day of the funeral and you were still sad over what happened and you had been crying everyday along with your cousins.  You dressed in a lacy black dress with matching black flats.  As you got to the funeral you saw your grandmother Gloria Esterbrook.
"The hardest thing a parent can do in this world is bury their child. Even though distance kept us apart for far too long I knew my daughter still had so much she wanted to do. Laura believed in something as she stood around she was a fighter and I know if she were here now she would still be fighting for those people she loved the most." Your grandmother said.  
You started to wipe away your tears as you heard that fondly thinking of all the memories you had with your aunt. After everyone left it was just you, your two cousins, your Uncle Fenton, and your grandmother.
"Thank you for letting me speak Fenton." You heard your grandmother say.   You went to the grave one last time and said your final goodbyes.
"Goodbye Aunt Laura thank you taking care of me for all these years. I promise I'll always look after the boys." You said and you started to cry and walked away. 
You were at the house and you saw your grandmother walking towards you.
"I haven't seen you since you were a little girl F/N you've grown into a beautiful young lady. I know this must be hard on you Laura looked after you since you were young." Your grandmother said giving you a hug.
"Yeah it is hard." You said wiping away a tear.
"I have heard of your latest achievements. Just know your Aunt is very proud of you and so am I. I'm so proud of you and grateful that you are my granddaughter." She said with a smile.
"Thank you grandma." You said with a small smile. 
"Anytime dear." She said and walked away.
You went and sat next to Frank and Joe. 
"Everyone is leaving." You said.
"Good they're just here for the show." Joe said.
"That's not fair they cared about mom and they care about us." Frank said.
"Maybe they cared about you two. F/N is so intelligent F/N is so creative. Frank is so smart Frank is so good at baseball. All mom ever talked about was F/N and your baseball. If you hadn't forced her to go to all your stupid games!" Joe angrily yelled.
"Don't!" You and Frank yelled in unison.
"Don't say that. It's not anyone's fault these things happen all the time. We're mourning and grieving and learning how to deal with this just like you are. We only have each other let's not fight." You said trying to reason.
Frank then put a box on the table and you saw a bunch of items with stuff from your uncle's desk.  You walked over and started looking inside of it.
"It's photos of Aunt Laura and us." You said.
"What's all this stuff doing here?" Joe asked.
"This is mom's accident. What is he doing with these?" Joe asked.
We heard the door open and quickly put all the stuff away.
Uncle Fenton walked in. "Hey I was looking for you three. Some people want to say goodbye."
"It's too many people." You sighed.
"I get it. But I need you three to pack up your stuff in the morning." He said.
"What? Why?" You asked confused.
"I'm taking some time off of work and we're going to move to Bridgeport for the summer." Uncle Fenton stated.
"What?!" Frank exclaimed.
"Yeah and Aunt Trudy will make up rooms for you and we need to get out of the city." Uncle Fenton said.
"Dad! Our friends are here! Emma is here." Frank said.
"I understand that but I don't know how to do this without your mom." Uncle Fenton said.
"You didn't even talk to us." Joe said.
"Well I'm talking to you now. What do you want to know?" He asked.
"Why are you carrying around files from Aunt Laura's accident?" You asked.
"I'd like to know too." Frank said.
"Me three." Joe said.
"T-that's nothing that's for insurance." Uncle Fenton stuttered.
"Dad I'm 16 you can't lie to me." Frank said.
"You don't need an answer for everything that happens in the world." He replied.
"Just tell me what's going on!" Frank persisted.
"Enough! We're going and that's that." Uncle Fenton stated. "F/N was actually born there and lived there for awhile I'm not sure if you remember it well or not but this might do all of us some good." 
"Do you remember anything?" Joe asked.
"Not really I lived with your parents for a long time I grew up in the city." You replied.
"Pack up your stuff in the morning." Uncle Fenton said.
"What's going on?" Joe asked.
"Nothing." Frank said.
"You're lying just like him." Joe replied. 

You sighed not knowing anything anymore.  You started to walk to your room to get a head start on packing so you could just help pack the car tomorrow. You started to pack and you started to think about Bridgeport and what would be there.
"Probably nothing compared to the city." You thought.  An hour  passed and you finished packing everything.
"Already done?" Your Uncle asked.
"Yep." You nodded.
"Listen Im going to need you to help the boys get adjusted to Bridgeport." Uncle Fenton said.
"I'm going to need to get adjusted." You said.
"Just look out for them for me. Make sure they don't get into too much trouble." He said.
"I know I'm older than them I'm the older cousin so I'll do my best to look out for them." You said.
"Thank you." He said. 
You nodded and you looked at the last night you would spend in this room. 

It was the next day and everyone was busy packing besides you so you just put your suitcase in the car and helped everyone else. You were in the car with Joe waiting for Frank. As you saw Frank being lovey dovey with his girlfriend and you and Joe faked gagged.
"Bridgeport here we go." Uncle Fenton said.
"Licorice?" Joe offered you and Frank.
"Maybe this will be good." You said hopeful.
"Yeah maybe you'll actually make some friends." Joe laughed.
"Oh shush." You said.