"Sorry, Master Malfoy," Dobby whimpers out when my dad pulls on his ear, holding him up to his eye level. "D-Dobby is so sorry, sir," he repeats before my dad physically kicks him out of the room. I instantly feel Draco tense up next to me. He's so innocent, so pure, he cares more than he'd like to admit. I know that. My father would punch it out of him if he found out, so I squeeze his leg, trying to get him to remain silent, and I'm grateful when it works.

"What can you expect from a filthy elf," Dad mutters under his breath, digging in to his food. We all do the same, nobody saying anything about his rude comment. Salazar, I wish I could make him shut up somehow. I wish I could make him stop. "So, Carina," the use of my full name makes me sit up straighter. "You're a Slytherin," he states, knowing the answer since I had told him over letters. Despite that, I nod in response.

"Yes, father," I speak loud and clear, knowing that's how he liked it. He gives me a satisfied smirk.

"Have you made friends?" Asks mum, interest noticeable in her tone.

I nod with a small smile. "I have," I murmur, taking a bite of steak before clearing my throat. "Cassius Warrington, Graham Montague, Miles Bletchley and Adrian Pucey," I know my parents will be pleased, "All pure blood, Slytherin members," definitely. The boys actually weren't half bad. Cass and Adrian were really nice to me, I could spend time with them and actually smile. On the contrary, Miles and Graham kind of remind me of my father.

Father hums, sipping on his red wine, "Turns out you're not that much of a failure after all," he mutters, earning a look of surprise from mother. Like always, he chooses to ignore it, continuing to gaze at me. I feel the urge to hide behind my blonde hair, but I don't. "Anyone else?" I shake my head, though I'm lying. During this First Year at Hogwarts I've made friends with another pure blood, but not one my parents would be happy to hear about.

He's a Weasley after all.

"Hiya!" A high pitched voice came from beside me, making me turn around. Almost nobody came to this section of the library... "You're Carina, aren't you? I'm George," the boy extended his arm, wanting to shake my hand. I looked at his red tie then at his red hair and I couldn't help but smile and take his hand in mine, giving it a shake.

"Weasley," I pointed out, and he nodded, ruffling his hair. "Why are you talking to me?" I tilted my head to the side, frowning at his actions.

To my surprise, he sat next to me, placing his used books on top of the table, "Why wouldn't I?" He asked, not appearing to be making a connection. I pursed my lips in reply, not wanting to scare him away. "I just wanted to tell you you're a great flyer," I chuckled, blushing lightly at the compliment. "Are you gonna be in the Slytherin Quidditch team?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "Probably not," I mumbled, "They don't accept girls in the Slytherin team," George frowned at that, even pouted slightly. "Are you?" I appeared to have opened Pandora's box. The ginger began going on and on about how he wanted to be a Beater and how his older brother Charlie was actually captain of the Gryffindor team. "That's nice," I opted to say.

"It's more than nice! It's fate," George grinned widely, almost forcing me do it back. Why was he being so nice to me? "So-"

"Oi, Georgie! What are you doing, talking to Malfoy?" I narrowed my eyes, turning my head to see Fred Weasley. George's more unforgiving half. His twin. It was weird to see one without the other, should've known it wouldn't take long for him to appear. "What are you looking at then, Serpent?"

Perfect. I decided to bite my tongue, for now. I was enjoying George's company way too much to snap back at his brother.

"Good, good," dad nods his head, continuing to eat. Draco's the first one to finish eating, seeing as he was a growing boy and is always hungry. I find it quite funny, but dad, not so much. "Eat slower next time, Draco. You'll gain weight if you don't," I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from speaking, hooking my ankle to Draco's in support.