chapter 32

tw: mentions of abuse, graphic depictions of violence, may increase anxiety. reader's discretion is advised. 

NARRATOR'S POV

Later on that day, Fred wakes up at around three in the afternoon. The first thing he does is take a shower so that he can change out of those incredibly uncomfortable clothes. Minutes later, he's dressed and ready. They still have about one free week, which he is grateful for. As he re-enters his dorm, his eyebrows furrow. "What are you doing here?" He asks, looking between Cassius and Adrian.

The boys are standing in the middle of the room, both of them staring back at Fred, serious looks on their faces. "You know," says Cassius, his jaw tight at the thought. Fred throws his wet towel on top of the bed, glancing at them again. "About what happened with Montague," adds the hazel eyed boy.

Fred narrows his eyes, tilting his head, "I may have an idea..." he mutters quietly, running a hand through his hair.

"Cut the shit," snaps Adrian, crossing his arms across his chest. Adrian may be the quiet one in the Emerald Trio, but he's also the one people fear the most. "You know about what he did. Draco told us." He tells Fred, glaring at the red haired boy. "We're hoping you're going to keep this to yourself... George and Lee, we understand, but -" Fred looks at him in shock, shaking his head, cutting him off.

"- Why would I tell anyone else?" Fred asks rhetorically, squinting at the longer haired boy. Cassius puts his hand on Adrian's chest to stop him from saying anything back to Fred.  "I haven't even told them everything I know -" he starts before Adrian takes a step in his direction, pushing Cassius' hand away from him.

"- What you know is not even the half of it," snarls Adrian, shaking his head. Cass pulls on the back of his shirt, bringing him back to his spot. "You don't know what she's been through!" Shouts Adrian, knowing he'd casted a Silencing Charm minutes before Fred walked back in.

Fred looks down, shame bubbling up in his stomach. "I wanna know," he says, raising his gaze back up. "Tell me everything that happened that night. I need to know..."

And so, Cassius takes a deep breath, telling him everything Carina told them.

The night of the party, the black haired girl finished getting ready at the same time Cassius and Adrian did, but she stayed behind when the full moon caught her eye. "I'll see you there," she said to her friends, who instantly knew the meaning of her wanting to be alone. The pair left without her, walking straight towards the Gryffindor Common Room.

Meanwhile, Carina's mind filled with her parent's whereabouts. She was almost certain Moony and Padfoot were running around somewhere deep inside a forest by then. A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned into the window, shaking her head. "Hello, Malfoy," came Montague's voice, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Carina turned around to look at him, raising an eyebrow at the interaction, looking him up and down. "Montague... How many times do I have to tell you: it's Black," she corrected him, taking a step away from the blue eyed boy as he walked in her direction. There was something in his eyes that appeared to be darker than usual, something she couldn't quite pinpoint. It scared her though.

"Of course," smirked Graham, nodding his head. "Force of habit. I've actually been spending a lot of time with your former family lately," he said, tilting his head to the side.

The black haired girl rolled her eyes, shaking her head, "I don't really feel like having a conversation with you at the moment," said Nina in a sarcastic manner, turning on her heel. "Just sod off, go away. Leave me alone."

When Carina was about to walk away, Montague's voice stopped her, "Lucius sends his regards," he said. Carina stopped dead in her tracks, her insides churning at the idea. "He misses you dearly," they both knew what he was implying, sarcasm dripping from his tone.