chapter 15

note: secrecy sensors are not always accurate, look it up for further info.

also, personally i'm a fan of the fancast: ben barnes for sirius and andrew garfield for remus (even when they're older) but do as you will :) x

NARRATOR'S POV

The Easter Holidays roll around. The Fifth years are all getting ready for their O.W.Ls, so the library is mostly packed during the day. At night though, Carina takes her chance and stays there for a few hours with a spare key Madam Pince gave her after making her promise she wouldn't make a mess. "Where are you off to?" Asks Adrian, who is sitting down in the Common Room couch.

"Library," Carina replies, looking at the clock on the wall. It's about nine at night, "Why are you out here?" Cass is already in bed, as are Draco and his friends.

"Going on a date in Hogsmeade," Adrian tells her, pursing his lips. A gasp leaves Carina's mouth, a smile etching upon her face, "I know! It's been ages since my last boyfriend, so, I'm pretty nervous," he admits, a light blush on his cheeks. Adrian's last partner had been a girl, so this is very exciting, "I'm meeting him by the entrance, can I walk with you?"

Without thinking about it twice, Carina squeals, "What kind of question is that?" She pulls on his hand, making him stand. He laughs as they begin to make their way towards the entrance. The pair walks quietly, not wanting to get caught by Snape, who may still be in his office at this hour. Thankfully, they don't. "So, tell me, when did this happen?" She questions, already having an inkling as to who the person might be.

"Well," Adrian clears his throat, walking up the stairs, "I always thought he was cute, alright? 'Cause he is," the girl coos, pouting as he speaks, "But we never really talked, you know, being in different houses and all that," he shrugs, finally making it to the top of the stairs. "So now that we started talking, I just asked him out and he said yes..." Carina smiles, looking up at Adrian, "Nina, I'm never saying this again - not unless we get married or something, so, I just wanted to thank you," Carina's eyes land on Lee. The boy is standing behind a corner, a few feet away from them, "For introducing us."

Before she can even reply, Lee's walking over to them, "Hi," he says, looking timid.

"See you later, A," Carina decides she shouldn't stay around for this, it's their first date and they deserve all the privacy they can get. "Bye, Lee, have fun," she waves at the couple, and they both wave back at her.

Humming, she walks towards the library, grinning at the thought of Adrian and Lee. They deserve happiness, and she knows for a fact they are both good people. It's almost a match made in heaven, and she can't help but want something like that for herself too. In that moment, she sees someone coming out from the Gryffindor changing rooms. "Ah, if it isn't prefect Malfoy," Fred says, lips curled upwards.

"What are you doing here, Weasley?" Groans Carina, continuing to make her way towards the library. To her surprise, Fred matches her speed and starts walking with her. "...What are you doing?" She repeats, surprise clear in her tone.

Ever since their little interaction at Fred and George's birthday, his attitude shifted. It's not like they're friends, they just act remotely friendly to each other - that's probably as good as it'll get... it's just a big joke, really. Carina has to admit, she enjoys their fights, they challenge her, she wouldn't want them to stop. The redhead boy doesn't seem to want that either, so as far as she knows, they are on the same page. Not friends, just two people that hate each other but still find time to flirt... Is he even flirting or just being mean?

Fred shrugs, putting his hands in his pockets. They're both wearing comfortable, muggle clothes, indicating that neither of them were planning on seeing anyone. Still, Carina silently enjoys the way Fred looks in that oversized hoodie, "I stayed out, practicing batting and all that. George was too busy with Angelina, so I had time to kill. It got late so I just took a shower in the changing rooms," he explains simply, "Then I remembered Lee had a date with Adrian so I stayed to watch him go," he adds.