chapter 54

tw: mentions of death
cw: may increase anxiety

NARRATOR'S POV

It's a battle like no other. Spells are getting thrown left and right, they are running, getting hit and hitting them back as hard as they can. Luna takes a punch to the nose, which causes Neville to jump up in her defence. "Petrificus Totalus!" He exclaims, taking her hand and rushing towards the door with the others. It's hectic, and Carina never stops holding Draco's hand, much like Adrian keeps his eye on Cass and Lee as they escape.

"Dragon, get down -" yells Carina, pushing Draco, who lets out a strangled gasp in surprise. The black haired girl points her wand at who she thinks is Dolohov. "Stupefy!" The man is sent flying all the way to the other side of the room, and she helps her brother up before continuing. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" She curses under her breath when she sees another Death Eater making his way to Cass, who ducks and defends himself just how he was taught. "Over there!" She finally spots Ron by a door in the midst of the chaos.

"C'mon! Run!" Shouts Ron, pushing the door open for all of them to jump into. After Carina and Draco, come Adrian, Lee and Cass, followed by Ginny and Harry. Hermione, Neville and Luna are already on the other side. Ron is the last one in, panting, almost out of breath by the time the door shuts. "We need to get out of here -" 

Before they can even think of doing something else, the Death Eaters follow after them. Draco lets go of Carina's hand, "Stupefy!" His spell hits one of them, causing him to fall on his back with a loud thud. "Get to the lift!" Prompts Draco, wanting the group to leave. If he had to stay behind to deal with his father, he would. Anything to protect Carina.

"Are you crazy? We're not leaving anyone behind," says Cassius, picking up on what Draco was trying to say. "The lights are off, the lift's not working, is it?" He asks Lucius, glaring at the man like never before. He feels brave and ready for anything.

Lucius chuckles humourlessly, shrugging. "What do you think?" He replies, voice an octave lower, full of disgust. He can't believe his friends' sons are fighting him on this. Alongside his own child. "Get me that prophecy!"

Voldemort's followers start throwing curses at the group, causing them to disperse. This is exactly what they want, to have them separated and weak. They aren't nearly as strong enough when they're on their own. While Harry is battling one of them, he notices another going in for the Killing Curse, aimed directly at Hermione. Without hesitation, Harry tackles him to the ground. Neville quickly notices what's going on, "Expelliarmus!" Cries the young Gryffindor from far away, accidentally also disarming Harry. However, before the Death Eater can get his wand back, Hermione stuns him. 

On the other side of the room, Carina, Draco and Cassius are fighting four Death Eaters, who continuously throw Impediment Jinxes at them, causing them to trip over and over. "Petrificus Totalus!" Carina stops one of them, effectively getting back up to her feet. "Take him and go through a door, get out of here!" Carina orders Cass, nodding at Draco, who can't even get a word in before Cassius follows the instruction.

Adrian and Lee join Carina, who are now left to fight the other three Death Eaters. Luna and Neville are cornered by another three, one of whom takes Neville's wand and breaks it without a care in the world. Not a second goes by before another Death Eater breaks Neville's nose for standing in front of Luna, not wanting any harm to come to her. Harry throws a Body Bind curse, stopping Neville from getting hurt further. Because of this, Dolohov gets a chance to curse Hermione, a purple light coming from his wand, hitting her square in the chest.

The curly haired witch lets out a bloodcurdling scream and falls to the ground, causing Ron to rush over to her side. "What's this? What's happening?" He asks desperately, trying to wake her up. "Harry!" He screams for his best friend, still shaking Hermione's shoulders. Neville comes to his aid after breaking free from the remaining Death Eaters, carrying Hermione off to the door where Cass and Draco had gone to.