chapter 48

NARRATOR'S POV

"Take care of our Star, will you?" Sirius asks Fred, his hand on the younger man's shoulder. Fred nods, wrapping his arm tighter around Carina's waist, causing her to chuckle. Remus smiles at the boy's instinctive reaction, nodding along with Sirius. "You take care of him too, alright?" Adds Sirius, nodding in Fred's direction.

Carina smiles at her dad, pulling away from her boyfriends side and engulfing Sirius in a loving embrace. "We'll be okay, dad. Stay in and safe, okay? Don't do anything I would do," she tells him, half a smirk on her lips. Sirius and Remus laugh at her words, shaking. their heads at the statement. "I love you." 

"We love you, Star." With that, the students leave the house. Carina feels her heart grow heavier against her chest as she enters the Ford Anglia, sighing deeply. From the window, she spots Sirius staring at them, wanting to make sure they're not being followed or spied on by anyone. 

Even though that had been Carina's second Christmas away from Malfoy Manor, she still finds it hard to believe how different one family can be from another. For Draco's sake, she hopes Lucius' behaviour improved after she left. It should've. After all, he always made it clear that his only problem was her presence. She can't wait to see him. She just wants to know if he's alright. "You okay, darling?" Comes Fred's voice from beside her, making her turn around.

With a small smile, she lays her head against his shoulder, exhaling. "I'm gonna miss them," she admits, pursing her lips at the uneasy feeling that arises in her stomach. "I know how much my dad hates that house and I hate the fact that he has to stay there..." mumbles the older girl, feeling Fred place his hand on top of her knee. "I miss Draco, though, so it'll be good to see him again." 

"Yeah," replies Fred, stroking her skin with his thumb softly. "That's what I was about to point out. This is our last year at Hogwarts. You should try and enjoy it in every way possible, don't you think?" Carina nods in response, grinning up at her boyfriend. "Your dad was nice enough to tell me a few anecdotes from way back then... Did he tell you about the time -"

The rest of the ride is spent with Fred telling the group a few stories about the Marauders. He loves the way Carina's eyes light up when he speaks about her dads and all they did when they were in school. Fred is sure Carina already knows these stories, but the fact that she wants to listen to them again and enjoy these moments with him, makes his heart flutter. Because of Fred's chatter, it's smooth sailing from there to King's Cross.

As soon as they get there, Carina's out of the car, rushing inside with Fred, Adrian and Cass hot on her heels. "Wait! Nina!" Calls Cassius as Carina walks past a few people before finding the Platform. Because they only left from Christmas Break, they only packed bags, making it easier for them to carry. Carina sprints towards the wall and passes through in an instant. When she's on the other side, she opens her eyes, scheming over everyone's faces, ready to find Draco's.

"Carina!" Exclaims Pansy, waving at the green eyed girl, a wide smile on her face. The platinum haired boy who is standing in front of her, turns around immediately, his grey eyes twice as big as they were a few seconds ago. 

He drops his bag carelessly, opening his arms and catching his sister between them, hugging her against his chest. "Merlin," he breathes out, resting his head against the crook of her neck. Carina's arms are tight around his waist, eyes closed as she holds him close, relief taking over her body when she pulls back and inspects his elegant face, seeing it intact. Draco laughs breathily, pressing his hands against her cheeks, wiping at a few stray tears. "I'm okay. Sorry I couldn't write back," he murmurs.

Carina chuckles, her hands flying up to his, removing them from her face. "Don't worry about it, I knew you couldn't," she says truthfully, pressing the back of his hand against her lips for a second before hugging him again. "Merlin, I was so worried..." she whispers, her arms comfortably wrapped around his neck.