Chapter 16

the dragon likes you," she says quietly. I look at her as I raise my brow, "how can you tell?" I ask her.

"His eyes are turning dark red like yours, he's a Blood like you," I look at the dragon's eyes and the dragon smiles at me. Didn't know dragons could smile.

"He's definitely a Blood," I say, assuming it's a boy dragon.

"It takes one to know one, right?" I smirk when she says this. I noticed her eyes changing between the colors of blue and dark red. Is she a Blood too? I told Brittany she may not even know if everybody in her family were vampires or not.

"Yeah, I guess so," the man holding the leash on the dragon with the fire symbol looks at me then looks down at his dragon.

"It looks like he wants you to be his owner," he says. With that being said, he walks over to me and hands me the leash. The dragon looks up at me with his dark red eyes. I held onto the leash tight, not sure how strong this dragon is.

But dang, first day of training school and I got a pet? And not just any pet, a pet dragon.

"Spikey," I hear the Dean calling my name and I turned around, "first day of school and you've already got a pet?" I stared at him like he was crazy as hell.

"Everyone, go to the training hall and I'll meet all of you there," they all stood there, "go now," he demands and they leave; except for me and Ana. Why isn't Ana going? She's already a student on here, right? She's still holding onto my hand, but much tighter.

"Miss Evenly," she doesn't look at him, but she looks at my dragon, which happens to be looking at her, "Miss Evenly!" His voice is getting louder and angrier this time, "look at me while I'm speaking to you!"

"No," she says, but loud and clear.

"Miss Evenly, I will see you after school; in the basement you hear me?" She doesn't respond and her body moves closer to me. "Miss Evenly!" I looked at him, I can feel my wings ready to come out of my back, but I hold my anger in. He eventually gave up and left us alone.

Once he was gone, I looked at Ana, who was still clinging to me; "what was that about?" I ask her.

"Um; he-he's my father."