8 - Beth

Charles was still emotional after his mind being flooded with memories of Beth that he was not paying as much as he should while they walked around the large building

Charles was still emotional after his mind being flooded with memories of Beth that he was not paying as much as he should while they walked around the large building. Izel had to steer him in different directions, which was making her uncomfortable now since she felt as if he was relying on her to steer him the correct way. She slammed on her heels as they were stopped at a fork in the hall.

"Which way?" Logan looked over at Izel as she winced at the thought of them being lost and not getting to Raven in time.

"Uh-" Izel reached out and snatched Charles' hand before he took off in any random direction, she also took this moment to use his powers but had to pull the same thing he did to concentrate. With her free hand, she pressed her index and middle against her temple and focused on the voices inside the building. She recoiled from Charles and released her other hand at all the distressed screaming about a blue woman harming people, "This way."

Henry had been the one to really notice what she did and that made him want to question her now. She was Beth. She must be but due to the situation, he thought it best not to expose her. Especially since Charles was recently so distressed over learning that he had so severely overreacted by her disappearance.

"How do you know to go this way?"

Izel kept running and refused to answer him because she genuinely could not say why she knew the way perfectly now. She had to focus on one of the people's minds but she knew that in minutes Charles' powers would leave her since her younger body was not used to this yet. She pushed the double doors in front of her wide open to see Raven on the table.

"Raven!" Erik called out to her, which distracted Raven long enough for a soldier to shoot her with a taser.

With a jump of shock, Izel dodged the electrical wires that passed her which connected to Raven's body, "Erik!" She shot towards the man who would be able to control the metal.

Erik nodded at Izel's words and moved the wires to the very man that shot her, having Logan look down to see him and freeze in shock.

"Raven!" Charles calls out to her, he caressed her face dearly with a small smile, "Raven."

"Charles?" Raven released a long breath as she gazed up into his eyes, a smile formed on her face to see him again after so many years of being parted. It was almost as if she was hallucinating his presence, especially since he was on two legs.

"We've come for you." Charles is full of happiness to see someone missing from his life, "Erik and I, together."

"I-I never thought I'd see you again." Raven stutters, she could still feel the shock burning through her body as she reached up to touch him, to see if he was truly there with her.

"I made a promise a long time ago." Charles began speaking just as softly to her as before, "To protect you and I-"

Izel rubbed at her head in pain no longer hearing his kind words to Raven, she turned her head to see Logan in a petrified state staring down at the man who had shocked Raven, "Logan?" She rushed over to him as he tumbled against the wall, his entire body shaking, "Logan-" She saw something move in her peripheral vision, Izel twisted her head to see a gun lift off the ground and in Erik's hands.