4 - For Her

Izel followed them into Charles' cluttered office, she had to scrunch her nose up at the strong smell of mixed alcohols

Izel followed them into Charles' cluttered office, she had to scrunch her nose up at the strong smell of mixed alcohols. She could not believe how untidy it was, especially with how Charles is. Once Logan finished his explanation about what transpires in the future, Izel trailed her finger along one of the armchairs, pulling dust from it.

"So, you're saying they took Raven's power and they what?" Charles seemed completely detached from the conversation as he poured himself whatever alcohol he could get his hands on, which happened to be vodka, "Weaponized it?"

"Yep."

"Well, she is unique."

Izel tensed at the word, which was what her codename meant, Raven, being the one to give it to her. She was never able to tell anyone that piece of information.

"Yes, Hank." For a split second, Izel saw Charles as the man he used to be, but only for a small second.

"At first, the sentinels were just targeting mutants." Again, Charles did not seem particularly interested in the topic as he moved around, "Then they began to identify the genetics in non-mutants who would eventually have mutant children or grandchildren."

Izel's eyes turn hollow as she recalls what she went through, "It was a slaughter." She remembered seeing Moira being killed due to wanting to help them get away from Sentinels.

"I've been in a lot of wars... I've never seen anything like this." Logan says slowly as he watches the disinterested Charles move around the room, "And it all starts with her."

Charles adjusts himself with his cup of vodka, "Let's just say that for the sake of... for the sake that I choose to believe you two. That I choose to help you. Raven won't listen to me." He shakes his head with a cynical chuckle, "No, her heart and soul belong to someone else now."

Izel shot an eyebrow up, she tilted her head as his voice shifted, there was something else in that resentment, she could tell. Especially since he let Raven willingly go with Erik all those years ago, that there was no sort of grudge that should have been made. Granted, as she looked at him now. The resentment and anger probably boiled.

"I know." Logan says while getting up, "That's why we're gonna need Magneto."

"Erik?" Henry inquires as Charles wheezed another cynical laugh at the very thought, "You do know where he is right?"

Izel crossed her arms over her chest, "I know/"

Charles stops his laughing allowing his face to drop maliciously, "He's where he belongs."

"Well, that's it?" Logan snaps at Charles as the man got up to leave, "You're just going to walk out?"

Charles spun around loosely, his robe drifting down his arm, "Oh, top marks like I said. You are perceptive."

"The Professor I know would never turn his back on someone who lost their path." Logan continued, "Especially someone they loved."

A pang was sent through both Charles and Izel. She scoffed at that, "I guess you don't know him that well." That sentence was muttered under her breathe, but Henry heard her and gave her the oddest look.