18 - Epilogue

Izel released a low groan as she woke up in an unfamiliar bed, her eyes fell on the futuristic clock at her bedside while she lifted her body up

Izel released a low groan as she woke up in an unfamiliar bed, her eyes fell on the futuristic clock at her bedside while she lifted her body up. She examined the room while her hands spread along the comforter on the king-sized bed. She lifted her hand and rubbed her head in her disoriented state, everything was moving slowly as she tried to register where she was at.

The pictures at her side caught her attention, making her heart speed up. There she was in a wedding dress sitting on Charles' lap as they kissed. A few more photos on the side were of children and those same children as teenagers, and now adults. She tumbled out of the bed, "Wh-what?" She picked the picture up in her hands while she stood in a nightgown, they were twins with bright eyes and light brown hair, similar to Charles but had her birthmarks on their arms.

Izel looked into the mirror across from her, she no longer had bangs and her hair color had faded over the years. She looked down at the almost provocative nightgown and pulled a large button up out of the wardrobe closest to her. Without caring about her presentation, she walked out of the room. Her bare feet met the carpeted floors of the mansion while kids and teens ran around her, all of them greeting her, with some asking what she was wearing.

"Good morning, Mrs. Xavier."

The name filled her ears which made her grow even more confused, she caught sight of Strom smiling and talking with students. And then an equally disoriented Logan, who was walking down the other side of the steps.

"I-Izel?" Logan stutters as he reached out to her, she accepted his arm while they walked through the mansion. More students bustling around them. Logan grew distracted by a woman standing in the door frame, her dark red hair fell over her shoulders as she turned to look at them.

Izel had not moved with Logan but chose to look around the room when the two young adults from her photos approached her in worry.

"Mom?" The young man asks, "Are you alright?"

The woman grabs hold of Izel's arm gently, "Mom?"

"Wh-what?" Izel scrunched her eyebrows together, "Mom? What's going on?"

"Students are going to class and are wondering why you're out here walking around with one of dad's shirts on." The woman answers as she looked at her oddly, "Are you hungover or something?"

"Who are you two... exactly?" Izel knew for certain that these were her children but could not remember since her consciousness was the same as it was when she traveled back.

"Oh, shit." The man winced when he realized he cursed in front of his mother but noticed how unfazed she was by it.

"Dad did say something like this would happen." The woman points out to her brother with her arms crossing over her chest, "Right, mom, I'm Raven and this is Brian. We're your children."

"R-Raven?"

"Yeah, I know. I have to call her Aunt Mystique so people don't confuse us." Raven stuffed her hands into her pockets, "You named me after Raven and Angel."

"And dad named me after his father and Banshee," Brian added in as he gazed down at his mother.

Izel scrunched her eyebrows together as she looked at the two, she had a life with Charles and children. They looked so much like him but she saw how their eyes were lighter, far similar to her own.

Logan walked past them having Charles showing him the way, "Logan, go straight to Hank, he'll explain most of it."

"Dad." Raven calls out to him, "Mom doesn't remember."

"I know." Charles' voice had gotten much deeper and he was far calmer with his demeanor, "Logan needs help locating Hank, would you two mind bringing him there for me while I speak to your mother?"

"It's not like we don't teach a class or something." Brian shrugged his shoulders, not really wanting to teach the students anyway.

Charles reached out and gently took Izel's hand to guide her into his office, "I can provide you with your missing memories if you'd like since you were with me once Beth woke up."

"Wh-what?"

"Beth-" Charles corrected himself, "Izel, you may not remember but we-"

"We had sex?" Izel cut him completely off as she grew even more confused.

He had not expected that question to leave her mouth, but remembered this was Izel he was speaking to, "Yes, we did, many times."

"Damn it." Izel mutters under her breath, she could not even recall any of it and she knew just how attracted she was to Charles, which only made her irritated that she couldn't remember.

"Are you purposely allowing me to hear those thoughts of yours?"

Izel grinned over at him as she walked closer, "I am, please do make sure I get those memories back."

"I will do my utmost best." Charles chuckled at her bluntness, "Do you have any questions before I restore your memories?"

"So..." Izel walked over to his desk, leaning her body on the wood, "We got married?"

"Yes." Charles reached out and took her left hand in his, revealing the ring she was currently wearing, "I proposed to you in a bathtub."

"Bathtub?" Izel cocked her eyebrows up in the air at that, "What do you mean by bathtub?"

"You will soon remember."

"How was it when I first woke up?" Izel sat down on the desk now, not caring how she looked, "Did I slap you?"

"How did you know?" Charles inquired.

"Oh-" Izel chuckled, "I've been wanted to slap you since I saw your face back in 1973."

"Ah, I should have figured that-" She came over and sat down in his lap, his eyes shot over to the open doors of his office, "Izel..."

"Oh, be quiet, Charles." Izel wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "You know you like it. Now, please give me my memories back."

Charles reached up and touched her head as the memories flowed through her mind, she felt everything all at once, even his own feelings during the missing years.

"Yeah, I guess I needed to know what you were thinking while we made love." Beth teased as she opened her eyes to look into his, his smile growing. She placed one of her hands on his head and rubbed it softly, "I remember how you told Henry not to touch your hair."

"Of course you would, you laughed." Charles mused as he hugged her, "Welcome back my love."

"I was here with you this whole time though."

"I mean, Welcome back to the mansion. You've been gone for a long time." Charles repeated with emphasis. Beth understood, her consciousness has just come back so for her it feels as if she had been gone for over fifty years.

"It's good to be back."