17 - Yes

Beth had been in the mansion for a few months now, her wound had officially healed and she convinced Charles and Henry to reopen the school

Beth had been in the mansion for a few months now, her wound had officially healed and she convinced Charles and Henry to reopen the school. Alex stated how he wanted to go back to his family but would wait until the school had been successfully running for at least a couple months. Being healed and healthy allowed Beth to have to the liberty of moving around the mansion, even moving back into her old room. Even though Henry and Alex told her that they would handle cleaning the mansion and preparing it for the students return, Beth still cleaned up Charles' office especially after seeing the disaster it had become.

Later that evening Beth sat in her room with a book opened on her lap, Once Upon an Island by David Conover was a book that Alex had gifted her. She felt as if it was an insinuation for his later travels once he leaves the school to go back to his family but did not bring up the possibility.

Charles wheeled himself into her room after he knocked to indicate his presence, his eyes flitted over her form. She was wearing his own clothes after stealing them from his room after their multiple intimate encounters. Her long hair was tugged back behind her ears in a messy bun so the strands would not cover her face, she even had her thick reading glasses on, "You seem engrossed in that book."

"I am-" Beth set it to the side when she fully noticed his presence, "Well, I was. Alex has quite good taste in books."

"Maybe he should be teaching Literature instead." Charles teased while bringing himself closer to Beth.

"No one can match your own brilliant mind when it comes to the intricate details of the written language." Beth placed her bookmark in the book before she shut it completely at her side, "What is it you have there?"

"Right-" Charles lifted up the box, "I thought it would be a good time to clean up, would you mind giving me some assistance?"

"Not at all." Her feet met the cold wooden panels of the floor and moved to her own bathroom, propping the door open for him to follow inside.

Charles had not been in her bathroom before and it was quaintly clean. Her bottles of shampoo that held scents that intoxicated him when she was near were set on the corners of her bathtub rather than the shelves provided. Her extensive collection of brushes were on the sink counter with knots of her own hair clumped on them.

Beth sat at the end of the tub and looked back over at him, "Did you want me to just give you a clean shave or would you like a bath as well?"

"As long as you'd accompany me in that tub."

With a soft chuckle, she turned the water on waiting for it to grow warm on her hands. As she waited for the water to become the right temperature, she walked over to the door and slowly closed it so no others could disturb them.

"You are not at all bothered by..." Beth paused at her own words while she unbuttoned Charles' shirt. She was not entirely sure if she wanted to continue with that sentence, in no way did she want to be insensitive.