11 - Their Truth

Charles leaned back in his seat, his eyes meeting Logan's again before he allowed himself to look at Izel

Charles leaned back in his seat, his eyes meeting Logan's again before he allowed himself to look at Izel. Her expression was oddly a mixture of being concerned but also cold. He was going to make sure that their relationship is not entirely ruined, he would rebuild the mistakes made.

Izel shifted her weight on her feet while looked down at Charles, "Did you find what you were looking for?" With her words the lights in the room lit back up, indicating Henry fixed something.

Henry came walking back in the room, not noticing how Charles kept a focused expression on Izel, "The power's back on."

"Yes." Charles agrees while growing a determined expression, "Yes, it is." He rolled past Izel to get to Cerebro, placing the helmet back on his head. He kept his eyes open while he searched for Raven around the world, finally able to find her.

Raven sat in an airport, using the same form she used when growing up, something she used to seem normal. She looked around at all the normal civilians passing her, that was something she once craved. To be normal.

"Raven, stop."

Raven scrunched her eyebrows together and looked over at an elderly lady staring at her.

"Stop running."

"Charles?" Raven pondered, "Where are you?"

"Back at the house." Charles states calmly while Izel nears him, "Where you should be. I need you to come home."

"I know what I need to do."

Charles connected to someone else, "If you kill Trask, you'll make countless more like him."

"Then I'll kill them too."

"Those are Erik's words, not yours."

Raven stared at the man for a moment before turning away from him, bumping into a flight attendant, dropping hers and the woman's items.

"The girl I grew up with wasn't capable of killing." Charles spoke through the flight attendant, "She was good, fair, full of compassion."

"I have compassion, just not for Trask." Raven shot back, snatching her passport away, "He's murdered too many of us."

Logan could tell it was getting nowhere, "Shut her down, Charles. Get in her head."

"She's not letting me in." Charles struggles, "I'm not strong enough, I am barely holding on."

Izel held her hand out for him to take, "Here." When he didn't move she took his hand in her own, intertwining her fingers with his, "Borrow mine." She allowed her energy to seep into Charles.

Henry stood in silence and watched his sister in awe, she had learned her powers so well over the years.

Raven stopped in her tracks at the sight of Charles standing ahead of her, then her eyes grew wider at the sight of Beth standing next to him, holding his hand. It was like the day she met her.