The Meeting

Y/N's POV:
Jehan and me had a good time. We walked up and down the streets of Paris to get inspired and then we sat on a fence. We started writing; words, sentences, feelings down to our papers, until it got noon already.

I headed back to the university and then to my house, informing my brother about my new job.

"It's quite interesting, don't you think?" he asked me, making the same thoughts with me as I explained to him the whole conversation with madame Houcheloup.

The day passed by in its normal way until...

"It's 7:45! I think I should be going!" I shouted to Theo.

He waved. "Good luck y/n... And, that's important; when it's the time for you to return, it's better to be accompanied by someone you fully trust. Take care, it may be late..."

"I will" I said to him like giving him a promise. "I'll try to convince Jehan".

He smiled and I leaved.

———

I found the Café easier than I thought. Madame Houcheloup was waiting for me. When I entered, she placed a clean white apron in my hands and winked.

"So let's get started!" she said.

———

Enjolras's POV:
I entered at Musain first -the others weren't here yet. I had half an hour for myself to remain silent, to calm my nerves, to think. Until I saw who the new waitress was.

I chuckled when I saw y/n cleaning with seriousness the tables one by one. Only then she realized I was there. "I see you found a job... Well done! You were quicker than I thought." i said joking with a momentarily terrible sence of humor.

"I just found the right person at the right time." she said holding a smile and keep wiping the tables. "Don't take it personal monsieur, but, you are the surprise?"

"What? What are you talking about mademoiselle?"

"You tell me that's a coincidence that you are here?"

Y/N's POV:

Enjolras looked quite confused. "No, the truth is that I'm here everyday this hour. But I still don't know what surprise are you talking abou-"

He didn't manage to finish his phrase, because a bunch of loud young men was entering the room.

"Bonsoir y/n" I see Jehan waving at me.

"Jehan, tell me what's going on. Who are all these guys?"

I said that loud enough and in the room fell deadly silence. Now I saw eleven pairs of eyes staring at me speechless.

In a moment, a man shouted "We, mon ami, are the friends de l'ABC." and made a jokingly bow like he has answered all of my questions. "And you must be a new waitress? Nice to meet you, my name is Grantaire, but you have the right to call me R" he smiled ear to ear. "Now if you can" he added "bring me a bottle of wine please"

"That's enough R" I heard Enjolras's voice saying calmly. "Don't make her feel uncomfortable, she's new here."

"I think we should introduce ourselves to this beautiful lady" said one of the men.

"Shut up Courfeyrac" laughed a little boy I just saw standing among them. "I'm Gavroche by the way" he added nodding to me.

"Ok, I'll make it easier for you" suddenly said Jehan "You know me, you know Gavroche, you know Grantaire and you think you know Enj- oh come on Enjolras I'm only joking. You met Courfeyrac and these are Combeferre, Bahorel, Bossuet -you can call him Legle, Feuilly, Joly and Marius Pomercy. This mon amis, is y/n Claudel, our new waitress."

"Nice to meet you" you said awkwardly.

"Alright, now back to work guys" demanded Enjolras.

Everybody sat around the biggest table and made themselves comfortable like they were in their own house. Grantaire had sat on the chair nearest to the bar so he could order his alcohol easily without being annoying to the others.

I sighed while preparing the bottles and the glasses.

"I don't need a glass" shouted a happy Grantaire. "Enjolras don't look at me like that, you know I can't hear your bullshit while I'm sober -joking I'M JOKING, sorry, sorry."

I kept my smile with difficulty while serving them. Then the meeting begun. It turned out much more interesting than I thought. These boys discussed about politics and the society, and- was revolution the word I just heard? Unfortunately I must do other things at the same time so I couldn't concertrate into their discussion properly.

After a long time of discussing, arguing and Enjolras delivering long speeches, they desided to take a break.
Jehan approached me. "How are you doing y/n? Do you like it here?"

"Yes, I do! I couldn't imagine something like that."

"Just don't tell anyone about our plans, alright?"

"Alright, ehm, Jehan, I think I need your help about something..."

"What is it?"

"I don't remember any of their names" I said pointing at the bunch of the boys. "Can you please tell me again-"

"You're doing great if you remember at least three of us." he laughed. "Give it some time" he said and left.

I stood there like an idiot looking at Jehan leaving me helpless and joining his friends, until I heard a whisper right before my ear.

"I was thinking that you would have this problem, so I made this to you." said Grantaire giving me a skripted piece of paper. "Now, let's begin." he said and took a seat beside me. "The one in the red coat with the divine blond hair and the crazy ideas -that is Enjolras -chief material."

In my face started to form a smile. Grantaire would definitely be my friend.

"The little kid, but don't call him like that because he's gonna get angry -that's Gavroche. This one, that looks like he could beat up every man you know -that's Bahorel, and that one with the glasses who seems to be the only man Enjolras trusts -that's Combeferre. You see this young man who is zoned out? Head in the clouds, very emotional -that's Marius Pomercy and this one who seems like homeless, he is homeless most of the time -that's Bossuet, Legle, you know. Now, this one over there is Feuilly, our liberator. Oh! You see this man who always wipes his glass before drinking? That's Joly -le malade imaginaire. The man who will always compliment you and use all his pick up lines to you -that's Courfeyrac. You know Jehan -he's the poet, the sensitive soul aaand I think I'm the last one. You will not have a problem to recognize me."

"And why so?" I ask with a grin.

"Because I'm always drunk" he answers winking at me.

I see a man walking towards me.

"Here we come" mumbles R.

"Hello beautiful! Could you refill my glass please?"

"Of course Courfeyrac" I respond holding my smile.

Beside me, Grantaire has nearly fallen in the floor from laughing. "Good job y/n!" he says and we both burst into laughter.