A Voice From Heaven

Enjolras POV:
I was heading from the university to Café Musain. I reviewed in my head the lecture I just heard from my professor and thought about some interesting points that would be important for me to discuss with my friends.
That's when I heard it; a divine voice, a singing that could have come direct from the heaven... For a moment, I really thought that it belonged to an angel. But then I saw... I saw the source of the sound.
It was a girl -not too young but neither old. She definitely was under twenty years old, but had the air of a mature woman. The way she filled her voice with emotions was not child-like.
She sang about love and liberty, a song that I had never heard before. It was like all the sweetness of the world was combined with the misery of Paris. She was a light in the darkness.
A hat before her feet was placed upside down, so the passers-by could fill it with coins -if they had. However her appearance was good. Her light blue dress was very simple but definitely clean. Where were her parents? Family? Or had she not?
While I was thinking about that I saw a carefully but simply dressed young man approaching her with quick steps. I knew this man, I have seen him before; he was a law student with great interest for the politics, one of the best in the year. Although, every time when the class was over, he managed to dissappear. For this reason I had never the chance to have a discussion with him.
He hugged her, kissed her forehead. Who was he to her? They had the same age and very similar features... So were they brother and sister or just a young couple that destiny had it to look like each other?
I saw him helping her to collect the money from the hat and felt a heartache when I saw how few coins were inside. Without thinking I approached the fountain, in which they had seat, helding two francs that I found in my vest's pocket.
"Bonjour monsieur. Excuse me, mademoiselle! I heard your singing and must say I was encharmed... This is for you." I reached out to give her my two francs.
"Thank you monsieur" she answered nodding kindly.
I nodded back to them half smiling awkwardly, turned my back and made my way to the Café.