The Night that Ends at last

Enjolras's POV:

For the first time in my life I felt complete, ready and capable of anything. Even to give my life if needed, so great was my thankfulness of my life. And all of this came from her, from her amazing existence. Because she taught me that there were things that you could give and they could never end -like love. And the more I gave, the more I had to give...
Those were the things I thought of while I was watching y/n sleeping peacefully by my side, with her long shiny hair tangling over her shoulders like a waterfall. I was tired also but couldn't possibly sleep.
I removed gently a piece of her hair that was falling in front of her eyes, so I could have the chance to memorize every little detail of her face, every little detail of this moment...
And in the silence of the darkness I finally realized that I should not pressure myself anymore to devote either to her or the revolution. Because these two were unseperated from each other. She was the flame...

---

After some hours - that I finally managed to fall asleep, I heard a knock in my door.
I stood up with difficulty and wore my pants and shirt in heist, wondering whoever could it be such an hour. It must be 5 a.m. or even earlier...

"Who's there?" I whispered before opening to the wanderer of the night.

"Claudel" responded the deep voice I immediately recognized. I opened instantly and with shame I dare to say that the cautiousness hadn't left me.

"Can I get inside?" asked Theo with his  baryton voice that could make the floors tremble if it came out louder.

I stepped away and he got inside. When I closed the door, he finally spoke openly. "Is she here?"

I nodded.

"I thought so...
Sorry for coming in the middle of the night and waking you up, but it would be wiser for her not to be seen leaving your house unaccompanied by a familiar face or leaving your house at all.

I now understood that his intentions were only the best a man could have and finally realized why she loved him so much.

"I'll go to wake her up" I said and walked back to my room.

Y/N Claudel was still asleep and as I saw her, for a moment it seemed to me cruel to disturb her in her peacefulness. I walked towards her and gently took her hand into mine.
She opened her eyes.

"What is it?" she answered not controlling the loudness of her voice as she was still very sleepy.

"Your brother came to accompany you back to home..." I said and walked out of the room as silently as I got in.

Three minutes later she stood up in the door beside us, with her dress already worn but still braiding her hair. She smiled to Theo and he smiled back to her and I stood there like an idiot, feeling I knew so little about life and about love...

And a moment later my angel flew away, under the wing of her great protector, turning her face only once to meet mine in the darkness.